Suggestions

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I've got a few suggestions:

1. When using the post to forums button after building a P.C. it would be better if each of the headings retained their bold font to save people time re-bolding or leaving spaces between each section.

2. Add the weight of each of the cases to the detailed information section so that people can see how easy or difficult each case would be to carry around if it's something that they’ll need to do with the computer.

3. Maybe add an algorithm to the specification checker to ensure that the version of windows 7 (64 bit) that the user has chosen will support the quantity of R.A.M. selected (home premium doesn't support more than 16GB but you can select 24GB of RAM without any warnings appearing).

4. Not really sure about this one as this isn’t the only website where I’ve found errors but I get an awful lot of HTML errors while configuring a P.C. on my Iphone, I'm not sure how to copy and paste them here though.

Reactions: PCS

Craig

Silver Level Poster
You can screenshot on your iphone - then send the picture to your email.

(to screenshot hold the power button and the menu button at the same time instantly, the screen should flash)

Sleinous

Author Level
Yeah although must say, not seen such errors on mine.

Point 1 is excellent, the idea has often gone through my mind.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
1. I use IE and when I copy and paste to the forums the text remains bold and keeps its spacing? However it does not in Chrome/Firefox.

2. Adding the wight is a great idea, but the overall weight depends on what components are installed. Therefore we would need to add a weight for each component and calculate the overall weight at the end. Quite a lot of work which I don't believe would add much benefit for customers. Everyone should expect their computer to weigh between 10kg and 25kg, depending on the size and what's installed inside. The bigger the spec, the heavier it is.

3. Good point, will investigate. +rep

4. We will investigate making our website mobile phone friendly, because more and more customers are using our website this way, but still 98% - 99% are browsing from standard browsers, unless iPhones use Safari? Safari accounts for 6.3% of our users, but breaking that down to mac?pc/iPhone is not something we can do at present.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Following on from point 3 - it looks like someone beat me to it and has already added an exception for 24GB of RAM + Windows 7 Home Premium. :D

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Following on from point 3 - it looks like someone beat me to it and has already added an exception for 24GB of RAM + Windows 7 Home Premium. :D

Cool, looks like the post to forum button is working for me in Firefox now as well which is nice :D
I just meant the weight of the cases on their own without any components installed, and yeah the Iphone is using safari.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Ok - it's not imperative that the bold font is present anyway, it just helps make it easier to read. Not sure why Chrome doesn't carry over the bold text - IE and Firefox seem to work fine.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Do you use Ctrl + C or do you right-click and select "copy"? Try both to see if either works.

Gorman

Author Level
Not funny :mad:

simpsons-haha.jpg

Pete

Bright Spark
When configuring a non OC pc, i would like to have the option to choose some of the accessories you need for OC'ing and for a quiet pc - thermal paste, case fan upgrades, sound proofing on case/drives/fans/psu etc...

some other companies do offer this (oooiichhh spit, i hear you say) but then those companies are really let down by severly restricting what components you can choose away from the base spec.

Sleinous

Author Level
I agree with thermal paste, that is something I wish i'd been able to add to my order despite not wanting any oc.