Sunday lunch!

barlew

Godlike
So it begins. Looks like Mr B Is cooking for the wife and kids today. Classic roast chicken for Sunday lunch.

20211205_125749.jpg

I have today's beer from the Christmas calender and a whole host of others to tide me through the mission plus I have heart Christmas blaring out. Jingle jingle.
20211205_125757.jpg

What is everyone else doing?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So it begins. Looks like Mr B Is cooking for the wife and kids today. Classic roast chicken for Sunday lunch.

View attachment 30913

I have today's beer from the Christmas calender and a whole host of others to tide me through the mission plus I have heart Christmas blaring out. Jingle jingle.
View attachment 30915
What is everyone else doing?
I'm skipping lunch today, went out to a local farmers market in the town next to us, more a Christmas farmers market, but they had some very tasty fresh sausage rolls which I snacked on and not feeling the need for lunch today.

barlew

Godlike
I'm skipping lunch today, went out to a local farmers market in the town next to us, more a Christmas farmers market, but they had some very tasty fresh sausage rolls which I snacked on and not feeling the need for lunch today.
That sounds class. I love a Christmas Market. In start I am a massive Christmas need all round. Did you get on the mulled wine?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That sounds class. I love a Christmas Market. In start I am a massive Christmas need all round. Did you get on the mulled wine?
No, I'm T Total now, but that was what Christmas was about for me when I did drink. I was living in Plymouth at the time, and they had an amazing Christmas Market with a real Gluhwein store, proper proper one where they came over from Austria or something once a year and you could buy their spice kits and brewing pots and everything.

They used to have Vats of the stuff heating in these wooden shacks with seats out the front on the pavement, and at the time I didn't start work til 2pm, so we all used to swarm down there about 12 before work, having gone to bed only a few hours earlier after the clubs shut. Then we'd sink a few cups of Gluhwein and walk up to work.

I adore Gluhwein.

barlew

Godlike
No, I'm T Total now, but that was what Christmas was about for me when I did drink. I was living in Plymouth at the time, and they had an amazing Christmas Market with a real Gluhwein store, proper proper one where they came over from Austria or something once a year and you could buy their spice kits and brewing pots and everything.

They used to have Vats of the stuff heating in these wooden shacks with seats out the front on the pavement, and at the time I didn't start work til 2pm, so we all used to swarm down there about 12 before work, having gone to bed only a few hours earlier after the clubs shut. Then we'd sink a few cups of Gluhwein and walk up to work.

I adore Gluhwein.

I must confess mate to my knowledge i have never tried Gluhwein although it shames me to admit it. Ill have to try to rectify this over sight over the Christmas period.

On the plus side the Roast chicken went down a storm.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I must confess mate to my knowledge i have never tried Gluhwein although it shames me to admit it. Ill have to try to rectify this over sight over the Christmas period.

On the plus side the Roast chicken went down a storm.
It's hard to beat a good old Roast Chicky! That or Fillet of Beef and I'm in heaven.

CMP01

Enthusiast
You have my complete and utter envy.

It's looking like the ongoing microwave meals trend up to and including for Christmas dinner... and I am so damn fed up (but not actually fed a proper food) Honestly, whether or not the electrical inspector's safety recommendations going over the deadline doesn't mean we have to quit the house in 2 weeks, screw unavailable, unreliable, unreachable workmen to hell and back. Two months here already and it's looking like next gen will be out before I get any worthwhile use out of my PC again... or by the time I can cook a roast without constant alarms from unnecessary, to be removed alarms there'll be replicators...