Super zoomy interwebs!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
When I first got my PC, the internet was super fast :D - my bedroom is at the front of the house and the router is in the living room at the back of the house, but the wifi connection is pretty decent. The week of Christmas, we moved a signal booster from the dining room, which is out of the way out into the hall, as it was getting in the way of the decorations and the dog kept whacking it with her tail. The problem I had then was I then couldn't connect to the main router and had to connect through the booster which I find really slow (streaming video takes forever with epic buffering and downloading through Steam tops out at around 2Mb which is not ideal when a growing number of games are 10Gb+ :( ). The PC RMA meant I forgot how bad the internet was as my laptop instantly connects to the router and ignores the booster. The last few days I've been reminded how poop the internet is until tonight I asked if anybody minded if I disconnected the booster for a little while to try something. I unplugged the router, uninstalled the drivers on my wifi card and rebooted the PC. The PC connected straight to the router and I'm back to the internet speeds I enjoy on my laptop!

I've plugged the booster back in but no longer have the password for it saved and unticked the autoconnect box, so I should continue to use the router! :D:D:D:D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When I first got my PC, the internet was super fast :D - my bedroom is at the front of the house and the router is in the living room at the back of the house, but the wifi connection is pretty decent. The week of Christmas, we moved a signal booster from the dining room, which is out of the way out into the hall, as it was getting in the way of the decorations and the dog kept whacking it with her tail. The problem I had then was I then couldn't connect to the main router and had to connect through the booster which I find really slow (streaming video takes forever with epic buffering and downloading through Steam tops out at around 2Mb which is not ideal when a growing number of games are 10Gb+ :( ). The PC RMA meant I forgot how bad the internet was as my laptop instantly connects to the router and ignores the booster. The last few days I've been reminded how poop the internet is until tonight I asked if anybody minded if I disconnected the booster for a little while to try something. I unplugged the router, uninstalled the drivers on my wifi card and rebooted the PC. The PC connected straight to the router and I'm back to the internet speeds I enjoy on my laptop!

I've plugged the booster back in but no longer have the password for it saved and unticked the autoconnect box, so I should continue to use the router! :D:D:D:D
Invest in mesh wifi, it will change your life.

I invested about 4 years ago.... the clouds parted, rays of sunshine came down and lit up the house, and that was in the dead of night. It's never been dark again since.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Invest in mesh wifi, it will change your life.

I invested about 4 years ago.... the clouds parted, rays of sunshine came down and lit up the house, and that was in the dead of night. It's never been dark again since.
Will look into it. I'll figure it out, then explain how it'd benefit us all and sell my parents on the idea - the joys of living with my parents into my 30s! :rolleyes:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Will look into it. I'll figure it out, then explain how it'd benefit us all and sell my parents on the idea - the joys of living with my parents into my 30s! :rolleyes:
That's the way to do it....

Mum, seriously, it will shorten cooking time by 45 minutes per dish.... and Dad, it comes with all screwdriver and drill attachments in existence, and many that don't exist yet.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's the way to do it....

Mum, seriously, it will shorten cooking time by 45 minutes per dish.... and Dad, it comes with all screwdriver and drill attachments in existence, and many that don't exist yet.
God, that's quite a dated viewpoint on parenthood, isn't it! I'm a bit shocked seeing that having written it o_O

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
God, that's quite a dated viewpoint on parenthood, isn't it! I'm a bit shocked seeing that having written it o_O
It also fits with my parents to be fair - mum is amazing in the kitchen and dad's really good at building things.

Dad's main problem is the scale of things. When my brother was a kid, dad decided to build him a play table one Christmas and it was about 8 foot long and probably 3 foot wide and my brother being a typical toddler couldn't reach any toys (cars or whatever) that ended up in the middle of it! :ROFLMAO:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It also fits with my parents to be fair - mum is amazing in the kitchen and dad's really good at building things.

Dad's main problem is the scale of things. When my brother was a kid, dad decided to build him a play table one Christmas and it was about 8 foot long and probably 3 foot wide and my brother being a typical toddler couldn't reach any toys (cars or whatever) that ended up in the middle of it! :ROFLMAO:
Ha ha! That’s so my dad also :)