Support for dual monitors?

paudan

Could anyone please provide some advice on whether dual monitors will be possible on the build below. I notice only one HDMI out on the Auros elite. Could i use an adapter of some sort and use one of the USB ports, or do i need to swap out the MOBO (the rog strix x570F gaming maybe?)

First monitor is LG 34wp500, but i would like to add a 24" in portrait orientation next to it. Rig is being used for video editing. Both monitors only have one hdmi input. No display ports.

Any advice much appreciated.

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500M GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X570S AORUS ELITE AX : ATX (USB 3.2 Gen 1, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st Storage Drive
128GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W CX-650F RGB SERIES™ POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 360 Series ARGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
2 PORT (1 x TYPE A, 1 x TYPE C) USB 3.1 PCI-E CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
NO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Firefox™

MrWilson

Godlike
You can use an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter to have 2 HDMI outputs for your monitors. Some GPU models will also have 2 HDMI outputs anyway. 3070ti models typically have 4 total outputs, and depending on the model you get that might be 2 DP and 2 HDMI, or 1 DP and 3 HDMI. You can’t use the output from the motherboard as the CPU does not have integrated graphics, and they are never going to be as powerful as a discrete GPU.

Considering the monitors you’ve stated, I would question the rest of the spec you’ve specced out. Going for a 5950x and a 3070ti looks like you’re over speccing quite substantially, and there are other parts of the build that I wouldn’t recommend.
If you want some advice on the spec itself please could you let us know your budget, and the use case for the PC, and the hive mind will be here to help spec something more appropriate out for you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You can use an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter to have 2 HDMI outputs for your monitors. Some GPU models will also have 2 HDMI outputs anyway. 3070ti models typically have 4 total outputs, and depending on the model you get that might be 2 DP and 2 HDMI, or 1 DP and 3 HDMI. You can’t use the output from the motherboard as the CPU does not have integrated graphics, and they are never going to be as powerful as a discrete GPU.

Considering the monitors you’ve stated, I would question the rest of the spec you’ve specced out. Going for a 5950x and a 3070ti looks like you’re over speccing quite substantially, and there are other parts of the build that I wouldn’t recommend.
If you want some advice on the spec itself please could you let us know your budget, and the use case for the PC, and the hive mind will be here to help spec something more appropriate out for you.
Remember it's for video editing so resolution has no bearing on GPU suitability.

paudan

So for clarity, the GPU is actually a PNY XLR8 3060 ti. (PCS are out of stock, but I had to select a card on the builder to copy the specs sheet!)

I am using the PC to edit and render 360/4k video hence the CPU. Resolution of the monitors not as important as they are not being used for final playback, just editing. I would like to have the additional monitor as an extended display.

Mr Wilson you mentioned a hdmi to display port adapter. So would I connect one monitor to the hdmi on back of tower, and then take a display port output direct from the gpu, through the adapter and then into the hdmi input on second monitor?