T20

Stephen M

Author Level
Great win for the Kiwis over Aussie just now. Seemed quite strange to see a ground full of spectators at the moment.

Pleased for NZ, especially on the anniversary of the Christchurch earthquake.

Stephen M

Author Level
Another good win for NZ today and a much closer game.

It amuses me when they talk about a par score for T20 being about 200. The older cricket fans here will remember the Sunday League, the first limited overs competition.

When that started 160 was considered a good score and that was 40 overs per side.

Stephen M

Author Level
Meanwhile, in India and the normally much longer version of the game runs seem a tad harder to come by.

England seven for 77 after a first innings of 112 as I post this.

Stephen M

Author Level
OK, I know I am not the quickest at typing but no team should lose two wickets a sentence - 80 for nine.

D

Deleted member 41971

England were just as bad today against India losing by an inns and 25 runs, the only player that had an idea of how to play spin was Laurence while the rest like bairstow just loosely wafted at the ball. All the yrs I have watched cricket england do like a collapse every so often.

Screenshot_2021-03-06 India vs England Sky Sports Live Cricket - Copy.png

Stephen M

Author Level
England can generally lose their first 3 wickets within the typing of a sentence unfortunately.
Very true, used to be a nightmare for journalists filing copy for evening papers. Most had several editions and we had times to file and a word count for each. Anything more than 150 words and the match had changed completely by the end of the call to the copy taker.