TCA Thrustmaster causing issues

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
So I have the TCA Thrustmaster Sidekick and Quadrant plugged in. They both work great with MSFS 2020.

However, when I have tried to play Hitman 2 and Resident Evil 2, I've run into problems.

RE2 - cannot get past the first setup screen in the game as no input from keyboard or mouse.

H2 - loads fine but character is constantly running and the camera view wants to keep on going up towards the sky.

And both games seem to think a controller is plugged in.

Now, I didn't try and just unplug the two devices to see if that makes a difference (dumb, I know! 🙄).

But I did disable them via Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > HID-compliant game controller.

And this resolved the issue in both games.

Of course, as expected, the devices no longer work in MSFS 2020.

My question is. Is there a way to fix this so I don't need to either (a) unplug the USB's or (b) disable via Device Manager?

This is a PCS machine with the following spec:

Corsair Obsidian Series™ 500D SE | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8GB | ASUS® ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3070 | ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB) | 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe | 1TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe
Corsair 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD | Corsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series | AOC CU34G2X/BK 34"

Ducky One2 Horizon Brown Cherry Mx | Razer DeathAdder V2 Mini | Thrustmaster TCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition

Thanking you all in advance!

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
So I have the TCA Thrustmaster Sidekick and Quadrant plugged in. They both work great with MSFS 2020.

However, when I have tried to play Hitman 2 and Resident Evil 2, I've run into problems.

RE2 - cannot get past the first setup screen in the game as no input from keyboard or mouse.

H2 - loads fine but character is constantly running and the camera view wants to keep on going up towards the sky.

And both games seem to think a controller is plugged in.

Now, I didn't try and just unplug the two devices to see if that makes a difference (dumb, I know! 🙄).

But I did disable them via Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > HID-compliant game controller.

And this resolved the issue in both games.

Of course, as expected, the devices no longer work in MSFS 2020.

My question is. Is there a way to fix this so I don't need to either (a) unplug the USB's or (b) disable via Device Manager?

This is a PCS machine with the following spec:

Corsair Obsidian Series™ 500D SE | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8GB | ASUS® ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3070 | ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB) | 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe | 1TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe
Corsair 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD | Corsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series | AOC CU34G2X/BK 34"

Ducky One2 Horizon Brown Cherry Mx | Razer DeathAdder V2 Mini | Thrustmaster TCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition

Thanking you all in advance!

Not the most helpful response but I had a similar issue with my Thrustmaster Space Sim dual sticks. In Mass Effect remastereds the game would constantly rotate the camera.
Honestly the only way I fixed it was removing the sticks from the PC when I wasn't using them. This was with a completely different type of build. i9-9900k, MSI motherboard and a 1080 so I think the common denominator is how windows/the games sees them.

D

Deleted member 88683

Had the same issue with Hitman when i had a Saitek yoke connected, just kept scrolling through the menus at full power, had to unplug to resolve, no way of solving as it defaulted back to yoke everytime i came to use and had since used the yoke. Annoying but as above, just have to unplug, its the easiest way. Perhaps change USB ports to the front of the case or put them in the back at the top or very bottom so you can remove without getting mixed up with other devices.