Temperatures

Sonic1506

Bronze Level Poster
Hi All,

Hoping someone can give me some advice here and maybe put my mind at ease or tell me if there's an issue.

My spec is as below:
Chassis & DisplayIonico Series: 15.6" Matte QHD 165Hz sRGB 100% LED Widescreen (2560x1440)
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen™ 9 Eight Core Processor 5900HX (3.3GHz, 4.6GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair 3200MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 4950 MB/R, 4000 MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated Micro-SD Memory Card Reader
AC Adaptor1 x 230W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
BatteryIonico Series Integrated 62WH Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 M.2 GAMING + BLUETOOTH 5.0

In situations, the laptop is on my lap, on my legs itself with nothing in between the base of the laptop. I am in the middle of testing different laptop cooler pads to see which is the most effective, at the moment of writing this thread I am not using one as the one I had on test has been returned to Amazon with a different product coming in a week or so. Temperature readings are all taken from CPUID HW Monitor. My fans are also set to Game Mode in Control Centre so the system should automatically monitor and adjust the fans accordingly.

In normal situations without the battery being charged and using the laptop generally, my temperatures are the following:

CPU fluctuates between 47-51 degrees.
GPU fluctuates around 46-50 degrees.
RAM fluctuates between 45-47 degrees.
SSDs 32 and 37 degrees.

When the battery is charging and using the laptop generally, temperatures are as follows:

CPU fluctuates between 58-65 degrees.
RAM fluctuates between 45-50 degrees.
SSD's are 35 and 40 degrees.

Under load when gaming with Assetto Corsa with all settings turned up to the max, launched via Steam and battery plugged in, after about 15 minutes or so of gaming:

CPU fluctuates between 78-80 degrees.
GPU is approximately 61-63 degrees.
RAM is approximately 58 degrees.
SSD's are 35 and 42 degrees respectively.

From what I'm reading from other threads and generally on the internet, this all seems pretty normal, thoughts?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Looks spot on to me. GPU temps are actually a little low, seems you can stress it further. Anything under 80 at full chat on a laptop is fantastic. With the CPU your readings are fine. Anything under 90 after serious stress testing is excellent. Around the 70-80 mark for gaming is spot on I would say.

You could eek more out of it with more aggressive fan curves but I wouldn't fix it if it's not broken.

Sonic1506

Bronze Level Poster
Looks spot on to me. GPU temps are actually a little low, seems you can stress it further. Anything under 80 at full chat on a laptop is fantastic. With the CPU your readings are fine. Anything under 90 after serious stress testing is excellent. Around the 70-80 mark for gaming is spot on I would say.

You could eek more out of it with more aggressive fan curves but I wouldn't fix it if it's not broken.

Thank you for the response Scott, I read that it was normal but always good to get a second opinion. Puts my mind at ease, forgot to add the build is only a month or so old :).

I did want a Gaming PC but I didn't really have anywhere to put it so I compromised with getting the best laptop possible as well as needing a laptop for work, plus my old one was roughly 7/8 years old and needed replacement.