Temps looking ok??

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Just been playing BF3 for an hour and thought id check the temps when finished

Are these high or acceptable levels?
Using 212 cooler on specs in sig

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I'm not really familiar with the program that you're using but from what I can work out your CPU and GPU temps look fine. What the heck is that thing at 160 degrees though?!

Keedar

Expert
My temps on full load 55C max Try to use real temp program and will see what you get.Every program is more or less accurate.I am using RealTemp all the time.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Well the fan sensors are wrong (or HWMonitor is calculating them wrong) because not only is 65535rpm impossible for the fans it's also 0xFFFF and clearly nonsense. I suspect those high temps are equal nonsense, stuff would be melting if there was anything there at 160 deg C......

Garbage in, garbage out as they say. :)

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Ah ok I'll download real temp when I get on the pc later.

Should I run a game for an hour or so before getting results?

Keedar

Expert
Ah ok I'll download real temp when I get on the pc later.

Should I run a game for an hour or so before getting results?

Do what you want :) but if you said about hour of playing than do the same with real temp.With RT will see what was on max an min after playing

Keedar

Expert
Just compare.Many people are saying that the RT is more accurate than CPUID but this is just opinion, same as which gpu is better nvidia or amd lol

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Just compare.Many people are saying that the RT is more accurate than CPUID but this is just opinion, same as which gpu is better nvidia or amd lol

edit - got RT so will run and post pics here when i can

cheers all

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
ok played a bit of bf3 for an hour and these are some results

looking ok or worrying?

The maximum temps are a bit high i think. Looks over 70c maximum on each of the four cores. Whilst may have only been for a few seconds or a spike, i dont think it should go that high.

is your CPU overclocked? it may be the thermal paste, - what did you use? it may be just a tad too much paste i had this problem with my optimus. Too much paste actually increases the temps.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
The maximum temps are a bit high i think. Looks over 70c maximum on each of the four cores. Whilst may have only been for a few seconds or a spike, i dont think it should go that high.

is your CPU overclocked? it may be the thermal paste, - what did you use? it may be just a tad too much paste i had this problem with my optimus. Too much paste actually increases the temps.

The only thing I did was click "fast" under this built in thing

And when I did the paster I only did a small pea size dot so cant be that...hopefully

steaky360

That's an overclocking utility mate (hence 'automate overclocking'), if you turn that back down the temperatures will drop. They are not the best things for overclocking really, best to do it yourself through the bios and just take your time. You'd get a more stable, more efficient (cooler) overclock

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
That's an overclocking utility mate (hence 'automate overclocking'), if you turn that back down the temperatures will drop. They are not the best things for overclocking really, best to do it yourself through the bios and just take your time. You'd get a more stable, more efficient (cooler) overclock

Any ideas how to get it back to normal?

Only option for fast and extreme :(

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
ok just played bf3 again (only 30 odd mins) and got these

think ive lowered it ok
temps looking more acceptable now??

Ill get a H80 eventually either way

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeah those temps look alot better mate :)

always worth checking even if its a slight concern.

when you get the H80I you could probably get a good overclock on the system. if you do it manually through the bios.

But if the system is just for gaming a high overclock isn't going to massively increase the quality of you games, only a few extra frames dependent on the game.