Terry Pratchett Riding with Binky

Androcles

Rising Star
I met the guy on a few occasions, he wasn't easy to please and could be quite gruff but had a wicked sense of humour, I still remember the first time I met him, the only thing he said to me all day (multiple times) was "Tea!".

RIP Terry. You better have the kettle on when I come knocking on the pearly gates! :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was obsessed with the Discworld novels growing up, they were a huge part of my fantasy perspective. The comedy was really refreshing. He will be missed.

Mordant

Silver Level Poster
Sad day, I first read Colour of Magic many, many years ago and the comedy and fantasy was like nothing else. As a roleplayer I identified with much of those early stories.

The only other books that made me laugh out loud as much as Pratchett's was Douglas Adams' - similar in taking an established genre (fantasy vs sci-fi) and using it to critique the human condition with comedy.

No more will I be able to look forward to ordering the next Disc World novel from my local bookshop.

RIP Pterry.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For me, Robert Ranking was a natural progression from the discworld novels, the Brentford triangle series had me in stitches, very funny, highly recommend.