Testing

neirea

What's the usual time for testing.

In my head, build time, testing and quality control natural follow with a even flow of computers passing each stage (more or less). I can appreciate orders will have long pre-production times, for stock etc. However, I thought once built, testing and QC would be very quick afterwards.

(Massively quick build time) - If pre-production had been over 10 days and If I was at same position would be 'happy'. I expected a lot longer pre-production.

Processed Date 30-04-2012
Pre-Production Date 01-05-2012
Build Date 03-05-2012

Phoned Saturday, asked if there was any problems considering time from build to testing and was informed they requested production manager email on monday.

No Email monday, phoned tuesday. They went and spoke would be put through today(Tuesday) or tomorrow(Wednesday) for testing. Had been delayed because of customers awaiting stock. All seemed reasonable and fair, but did expect to be put into testing as per telephone conversation.

The early build, super-inflated my expectations of delivery/build time. Now guess, I am a little disappointed due to the increased build time, and a little eager like the kid at the super-market.

Just curious to everyone's experiences with build-time to testing.

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
Production Dates
Processed Date 25-07-2011
Pre-Production Date 26-07-2011
Build Date 03-08-2011
Test Date 03-08-2011
QC Date 04-08-2011
Awaiting Dispatch Date 04-08-2011
Dispatch Date 05-08-2011

They were my dates :)

neirea

Thanks.. that is how I imagined the build date to QC works.

It's very frustrating that the pc is just sat gathering dust, or the unimaginable lost/stolen etc. I am not sure what time span I should give PCs to complete the testing cycle, but is getting to the point, of feeling they are unable to complete my order.

kokabel

Bronze Level Poster
Could be that they found a problem with some hardware and have had to wait for a part to come in? Mine stayed in Pre-Production for ages rather than in Building.

These were my dates:

Processed Date 19-04-2012
Pre-Production Date 23-04-2012
Build Date 15-05-2012
Test Date 15-05-2012
QC Date 15-05-2012
Awaiting Dispatch Date 16-05-2012
Dispatch Date 16-05-2012

kokabel

Bronze Level Poster
It might, if someone remembered to update it, haha. I think they've just been pretty busy recently, perhaps some things like updating notes have not been a priority - which is fair enough, I guess!

neirea

Still no update. Very frustrating, decided just getting fobbed off on the phone. So resorted to sending emails, even though they take 3days to respond, doubt my machine will be tested within that 3days anyway.

As much as they might not have time to update notes if it's failed. It is what I have paid for as part of my order. All I can assume from PCs system is my £1700-1800 machine is sat gathering dust somewhere, either that or some warehouse gremlin has "hid" it.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I wouldn't worry at all mate, my rig was in testing for a few days, then quality control then back into testing, then bk into quality control. Something failed somewhere, I dunno what though, it doesn't even matter really, they fixed it.

I would much rather they took their time to test to pick up faults, otherwise the part may have failed once I received my rig, then an RMA would be required.

neirea

Yes, I accept things go wrong. But when I rang it hadn't entered testing. Is there such a over production of built machines that entering into testing takes 15 calender days.

There are no notes on the system, status "In Building" but build date of 3rd May.

Finding it really hard to comprehend such a lag on builds to enter testing. This is before anything has gone wrong in testing.