The 3050 is out... And unsurprisingly it's better than the 6500XT!

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The embargo has just been lifted on the 3050 (it'll properly release tomorrow). I haven't watched all through these videos yet, but from what I have seen, it seems like a decent choice given the market.

Screenshot_20220126-140322.png

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So a little better than the 1660 but not quite the 2060? Honestly sounds like a waste of time to me unless priced very competitively which we all know wont happen

CMP01

Enthusiast
Tbh it's pretty much where I thought it would be. Maybe a tad under a 2060 on average but this is a xx50 card so tbh Nvidia probably didn't even try hard nor care. But then they had already pretty fairly won the edge in the lower half of the stack this gen (even if they've been very iffy elsewhere)

Price is a different story though but we all know that and are wise to it by now. I'll be more surprised if this one stops at £400 let alone surpasses it.

humourme2

Added to the graphics card options for £363. Buy now or wait for Arc? Overpriced or fairly priced? Same as a PS5 from Argos ... I'm in no hurry to buy but scarcity might prevent a future opportunity.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Added to the graphics card options for £363. Buy now or wait for Arc? Overpriced or fairly priced? Same as a PS5 from Argos ... I'm in no hurry to buy but scarcity might prevent a future opportunity.
Yeah, not a good price. MRSP for these should be about £250, I wouldn't pay much more than that.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah, not a good price. MRSP for these should be about £250, I wouldn't pay much more than that.
I wouldn't pay more than £200 for what's essentially a slightly clocked 1660 Super, market is so frustrating right now honestly feels like straight up ripping people off. Got me a little fired up tbh

Salmon Fisher

Enthusiast
Point is, there are people out there who are desperate for a card, any card, buy this, use as a placemarker, buy better when either the price drops or they can afford it.

Still not good value though, but what is?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Point is, there are people out there who are desperate for a card, any card, buy this, use as a placemarker, buy better when either the price drops or they can afford it.

Still not good value though, but what is?
Second hand is better performance for less cost in the gpu space. I wouldn't buy anything new under the 3060 or RX6600, they're very old gen performance for brand new pricing, just makes no sense.

humourme2

:) I'll try to wait for Intel to do their thing before making any decisions. Plenty of old games with little to no GPU demands to keep me occupied until then.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
:) I'll try to wait for Intel to do their thing before making any decisions. Plenty of old games with little to no GPU demands to keep me occupied until then.
That's the attitude I'm taking also for now, make do with older titles and remasters until things get back to a sblanve of normality whenever that may be.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm happy with my 2070 super for now, maybe see if I can pick up a pre used 3070 of some sort, when the 40 series are released😂