The Best Gaming Rig for £700?

Radiowave

Hi

I'm looking to purchase a custom spec here in a few days. Below is what I've chosen so far, my budget is £700. Is there anything I should change? I'm especially unsure about which hard drive would be best for me.

Case COOLERMASTER SILEO 500 QUIET MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU) AMD PHENOM II X4 955 (3.20GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3) - BLACK EDITION
Motherboard ASUS® M4A87TD/USB3: DUAL DDR3,SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Memory (RAM) 4GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 2GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX460 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 640GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD6402AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm
Power Supply & Case Cooling 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£29)
Processor Cooling STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

The price comes up to £660.

Many Thanks

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums :)

Great spec you've put together there, the GTX460 will be a great gaming rig and the processor and memory balance out the specification well.

Meds

Hey,

The specification looks great, the one thing I would mention is the 450W PSU is the minimum I would recommend for this PC. If your budget allows, I would try and get the 600W PSU; this will reduce the stress the PC puts on the PSU under load and will also allow for future upgrades which is nice to know! :D

Radiowave

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

I also have a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler at home which I have yet to use. Would there be enough space for it on this motherboard? I'm asking because its huge :eek:

Meds

I have had a look at some pics of your Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro and its smaller than the Titan Fenrir which we offer so as far as I am aware, it should fit ok :)

Sleinous

Author Level
Yeah tehh Fenrir is a montser, so hopefully it should fit, as long asyou have the AMD socket backplate too with that cooler. They usually provide both anyway.