The Big Fat Giveaway of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I clicked the wrong button as I was planning to sit this month out, but my happy mistake means I've got an absolute belter of a game to giveaway - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Bloodstained is a spiritual successor to the Castlevania series and was developed by Koji Igarashi and is a must-play for fans of metroidvanias.

The games added to my list this month are:

Last Oasis
Out of Space
We Need to Go Deeper
Drake Hollow

Last edited:

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hellow !
I never played castlevania-like game, so, what kind of game it is ?
That being said, encodya look a marvellous game ...
So I was wondering witch one you recommend @ActuallyDenz

Bhuna50

Author Level
Sorry - not updated my list for a while as hadnt had chance to go through and see what ones I wanted in the last few months, however, these are also available now in addition to my earlier lists:

Hammerting
Nimbatus
Paradise Capital
Kill it with Fire
Elderborn
SWINE HD Remaster
Deadly Days
Adom
Secret Neighbor
Stubbs the Zombie
Going Under
Panzer Paladin
Milky Way Prince - Vampire Star
Paw Paw Paw
Ikenfell
Effie
Disjunction

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hellow !
I never played castlevania-like game, so, what kind of game it is ?
That being said, encodya look a marvellous game ...
So I was wondering witch one you recommend @ActuallyDenz
Metroidvania games are about exploration - you'll find that you can only explore so far to begin with before your path is blocked. Once you defeat the boss in that area, you'll unlock a new skill or new piece of equipment that allows you to explore areas that you couldn't reach before. Some people really enjoy the progression you get from those kinds of games, but others find it a little boring and repetitive.

I'll send you Encodya as given some of the games you've talked about on here, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :)

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Metroidvania games are about exploration - you'll find that you can only explore so far to begin with before your path is blocked. Once you defeat the boss in that area, you'll unlock a new skill or new piece of equipment that allows you to explore areas that you couldn't reach before. Some people really enjoy the progression you get from those kinds of games, but others find it a little boring and repetitive.

I'll send you Encodya as given some of the games you've talked about on here, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :)
Are you sure you're not talking about Zelda? :D

So, first of all, thanks for encodya, but if not to greedy, may I ask bloodstained ? It look like I could really enjoy this kind of game

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Some people really enjoy the progression you get from those kinds of games, but others find it a little boring and repetitive.
You’re not wrong, buddy. Pacing and level design is absolutely key in these kind of games, if the developers get it right it’s magical. If they get it wrong it’s a long, drawn out snore-fest.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Are you sure you're not talking about Zelda? :D

So, first of all, thanks for encodya, but if not to greedy, may I ask bloodstained ? It look like I could really enjoy this kind of game
There's definitely some similarities between the Zelda series and typical metroidvanias, so you're not wrong to be thinking along those kinds of lines. I've given the forum a couple of days to request Bloodstained and you were the only one to ask for it, so it's yours!

You’re not wrong, buddy. Pacing and level design is absolutely key in these kind of games, if the developers get it right it’s magical. If they get it wrong it’s a long, drawn out snore-fest.
Absolutely - while I'll give just about any game a try, I tend to be a bit more hesitant about metroidvanias because they can go wrong so easily.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
This month, I am offering the following games for free:

- Not For Broadcast
- Heaven's Vault
- Swag And Sorcery
- Fort Triumph

Not For Broadcast places you in charge of a news station and while interviews, etc are done (using actual FMV), you decide what is broadcast and what isn't. The game is in early access as there is more content planned. The game is fun and hopefully they get enough sales to do more filming.

Last edited:

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
This month, I am offering the following games for free:

- Not For Broadcast
- Roki
- Heaven's Vault
- Swag And Sorcery
- Fort Triumph

Roki is the pick of the bunch for me. Roki is an adventure game that borrows heavily from Scandanavian mythology and is well worth a play as a casual game with some tricky puzzles. Not For Broadcast places you in charge of a news station and while interviews, etc are done (using actual FMV), you decide what is broadcast and what isn't. The game is in early access as there is more content planned. The game is fun and hopefully they get enough sales to do more filming.
Could I get Roki please if its still available. Thank you.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
For once, i'm giving some games instead of asking them, the whole "the walking game" telltale game (so 5 games + the first game dlc) :

- the walking dead + the walking dead 400 days
- the walking dead S2
- the walking dead Michonne
- the walking dead : a new frontier
- the walking dead : the final season

Feel free to ask ^^

D

Deleted member 41971

had a rare month where I didn't have and wanted most of the games!

humble bundle be like

Episode 4 GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Status
Not open for further replies.