The Curse Of Monkey Island - file size - GOG.COM vs. Steam version

films&games

Enthusiast
Hi,

I have looked at The Curse Of Monkey Island on both the digital gaming platforms: GOG.COM and Steam. On the GOG.COM page for The Curse Of Monkey Island, the file size is stated as 963MB and is run using ScummVM.

The equivalent game page on Steam doesn't state the file size for this version available from them.

Two questions:

Would the file size be the same on both platforms?

Does the game run via ScummVM on both platforms, even though you have to launch it through the Steam client?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, please.

Thank you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I have looked at The Curse Of Monkey Island on both the digital gaming platforms: GOG.COM and Steam. On the GOG.COM page for The Curse Of Monkey Island, the file size is stated as 963MB and is run using ScummVM.

The equivalent game page on Steam doesn't state the file size for this version available from them.

Two questions:

Would the file size be the same on both platforms?

Does the game run via ScummVM on both platforms, even though you have to launch it through the Steam client?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, please.

Thank you.
ScummVM is basically a virtual machine on an old windows 95 platform to enable the game to run as it's that old and there's no way it will play on a newer OS.

So yes, the steam version plays through ScummVM also.

On a game that old, I'd expect the installation to be the same across any platform.