The Daily Grind

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Oooo, too strong for me, I like 100% Arabica, the lower the caffeine, the better. Just can’t handle high caffeine content at all!
Coffee.jpg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I love my coffee. I was always, and still am, a fan of the Tassimo machine for pods. I have one at my GFs place as I can't go the freeze dried stuff. Kenco Columbian is my pod of choice for that particular machine. They used to do Carte Noir Kenyan and Carte Noir Columbian offerings, which were absolutely gorgeous coffees. They were expensive though as a pod got you around 1/3 of a mug of coffee. They stopped doing them so the only one I get is the Kenco Columbian now.

In my own house I got myself a bean to cup maker. I had always wanted one. I didn't push the boat out and simplicity was the key for me so I went with one of the tried and tested DeLonghi models.... This one

Does a great job IMO. Took a bit of dialling in to get it how I wanted it but it's spot on now. I tend to just get the Asda Extra Special Columbian beans, but do try the Aldi offerings from time to time. I fill my coffee cup with a double each day so a fiver for 2 packs of beans is rich enough for me :D

rouchie

Rising Star
I love my coffee. I was always, and still am, a fan of the Tassimo machine for pods. I have one at my GFs place as I can't go the freeze dried stuff. Kenco Columbian is my pod of choice for that particular machine. They used to do Carte Noir Kenyan and Carte Noir Columbian offerings, which were absolutely gorgeous coffees. They were expensive though as a pod got you around 1/3 of a mug of coffee. They stopped doing them so the only one I get is the Kenco Columbian now.

In my own house I got myself a bean to cup maker. I had always wanted one. I didn't push the boat out and simplicity was the key for me so I went with one of the tried and tested DeLonghi models.... This one

Does a great job IMO. Took a bit of dialling in to get it how I wanted it but it's spot on now. I tend to just get the Asda Extra Special Columbian beans, but do try the Aldi offerings from time to time. I fill my coffee cup with a double each day so a fiver for 2 packs of beans is rich enough for me :D
I had a Tassimo for many years but last year made the switch to the Nespresso Vertuo and really found that to be a step up in flavour quality (and cost!) I still use a filter machine for when I have people round but the Nespresso serves my daily needs very well.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had a Tassimo for many years but last year made the switch to the Nespresso Vertuo and really found that to be a step up in flavour quality (and cost!) I still use a filter machine for when I have people round but the Nespresso serves my daily needs very well.
I used nespresso for a good 8 years, I was utterly hooked on the purple Arpeggio pods, they were perfect for me. As of about March last year they were never quite the same, a lot more watery than before. I checked out online and it turned out they’d changed the recipe to try to entice people away from the original pods onto the new Vertuo range.

That was the only reason I moved away from them.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm on the hunt for a new coffee myself, if I would scale how I like my coffee with 1 being non existent and 10 being straight caffeine I like a good solid 5-7

Anyone have any decent recommendations I generally drink it black

rouchie

Rising Star
For my filter machine I tend to stick with my long term, favourites of Monsoon Malabar and Guatemala Elephant both fairly maistream coffees from Whittards of Chelsea

Nespresso wise I quite like the mug size coffees Stormio and Odacio from the Vertuo range, I also have to say (at the risk of being shot down in flames) the decaffeinated coffee is very good indeed (purely for evening/I want to sleep purposes!) I only tried it because it came in a welcome pack of coffee pods!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
For my filter machine I tend to stick with my long term, favourites of Monsoon Malabar and Guatemala Elephant both fairly maistream coffees from Whittards of Chelsea

Nespresso wise I quite like the mug size coffees Stormio and Odacio from the Vertuo range, I also have to say (at the risk of being shot down in flames) the decaffeinated coffee is very good indeed (purely for evening/I want to sleep purposes!) I only tried it because it came in a welcome pack of coffee pods!
Coffee is generally functional for me, I like a cup in the morning at work and maybe a cappuccino at the weekend when out and about. Don't have access to fancy coffee machines unfortunately just a kettle and my mug

MrWilson

Godlike
Also had a Tassimo for a good while now. Managed to find a compact one to take to Uni, only downside is you need to refill water reservoir after every drink you prepare. More about the caffeine than the flavour for me, I am NOT a morning person. When I was getting up early for 6am shifts I would hit the jo hard; probably have 3 or 4 double strength cups by my 10am break. Nowadays just gives me the little oomph to get my day started on the right track.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The thing that really annoys me is when you go into somewhere like Costa, order an Americano, and promptly get asked if you'd like milk with it...............................🤬

rouchie

Rising Star
The thing that really annoys me is when you go into somewhere like Costa, order an Americano, and promptly get asked if you'd like milk with it...............................🤬
A recent survey showed that Costa had one of the lowest caffeine contents out of all the high street coffe shops, Maccy Dees fared surprisingly well!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
A recent survey showed that Costa had one of the lowest caffeine contents out of all the high street coffe shops, Maccy Dees fared surprisingly well!
Micky D's always surprises me with how good their coffee is, at this point you'd think I just go there when I fancy a nice cup but I'm still always shocked

Interested in the Aeropress though never even heard of it

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Micky D's always surprises me with how good their coffee is, at this point you'd think I just go there when I fancy a nice cup but I'm still always shocked

Interested in the Aeropress though never even heard of it
Maccies is a good coffee! Although I tend to go flat white with a double espresso shot in it.

Aeropress is great! I have 3, use mine at home more than my machine.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I'm on the hunt for a new coffee myself, if I would scale how I like my coffee with 1 being non existent and 10 being straight caffeine I like a good solid 5-7

Anyone have any decent recommendations I generally drink it black
My go to coffee is Hot Lava Java by Taylor’s of Harrogate. It makes a good strong black coffee.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member