The end of an era

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So no meat!!!
Surely they can do it with beyond-meat sausages?

Anyway I've got a couple of litres of scharf Hela curry gewürzketchup from my last trip to the 'Ring, and bratwürst are easy to obtain (traditional or Nürnberger)...but it's not the same at home as it is on a cold autumn evening watching the endurance racing at the 'Ring.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I really need to try a currywurst
You can do it the posh way on a plate with fries (currywurst mit frites)...
43801233_303.jpg

...or with a crusty roll (currywurst bit brötchen)...
29359229443_7f5ebe66c4.jpg

...or you can go dirty and get a small crusty roll and have one in that with the curry sauce & powder on...sometimes with sauerkraut on it too...
currywurst-polnisch.jpg

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When it gets to the point of being daft I tend to ignore it
I consider it no different than saying 'stew' or 'soup'. It's a generic term for a style of dish with no further connotations.

However, I don't necessarily only refer to all South Asian spicy-sauce dishes as curry, as I also refer to Chinese, African, and West Indian spice-sauce dishes as 'curries'.

It would probably be more incorrect to say "I'm going for an Indian" as a lot of 'Indian' restaurants are not 'Indian'...but even if they were, there's a huge difference in cuisine from one part to another - just like haggis is Scottish, but also 'British'.

The 'food blogger' has purely posted this to increase their exposure - just like Katie Price, Kerry Catona and all the other Z-listers.

Stephen M

Author Level
There is a great place in the middle of Leipzig, in the summer there will be a load of tables outside and all they do is Currywurst, although you have the choice or Rot oder Weiß with Pommes if you want and Ketchup or Mayo, I alwyas have Mayo with the Pommes.

Stephen M

Author Level
The various PC, woke and cultural appropriation numpties would have a collective seizure if they saw some language teachers in action.

A great thing about EFL teaching is that students and teachers are often similar ages so interact socially as well as in class, plus there are no rules as to the methods used for lessons, we just have to help the students progress. many of us enjoyed cooking and we would base lessons around preparing regional dishes, it was great fun, we would also meet socially and prepare food together. Had it not been for a former Korean student I doubt I would have learned to make Kimchi.

I remember a great night at the house three Japanese students were sharing, not only did we have a fantastic meal they got my drunk enough on Saki to agree to a new hairstyle - I have very long hair and they did it up in a Sumo top knot.