The fettling has begun

CMP01

Enthusiast
It's all about colour coordination!

It so is, even if you're a neveRGB type (yes, I just thought of that term lol)

Last build was my first, and despite a lot of saving up, study and um-ing and ah-ing was ever a WiP, mainly due to not so well or coordinated parts chosen. All was black but the mobo (Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7) was white with red accents and tbh looked like an 80's Mattel toy (came as a bundle with 6700K though so saved me a few quid) Didn't know a thing about how to RGB either, nor much else practically at least, so the fans I left as was and were awful (Corsair 460X RGB case) as well as the old H100i cooler... Basically, it had the glass side but wasn't much too look at or into (ran great though)

Knowing far more now (while still being a software side noob) this time around there was a plan (of sorts)... mainly charcoal, dark grey parts, actual RGB knowledge etc... though the GPU being silvery/gunmetal and front and centre stands out more so isn't out of place. It's a more complete and satisfactory thing.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well the new rear fan is in, cables about long enough to reach with some jiggling of fans, and the PSU is ready to go back in, but that can wait till tomorrow

1631991126893.jpeg

CMP01

Enthusiast
Yeah, I think they'll make life a lot easier, was just getting too tired to carry on with it tonight

Where'd you get them from? I tried before on a couple of sites but no luck. Could do with the GPU and mobo ones at least to tidy up and get my rig photogenic lol (the rest are hidden so np there)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

CMP01

Enthusiast
Amazon seem to have a few in various colours, the full set is here, but they do individual cables too:

Thank you an absolute ton. I'm all a tizz atm, big house move this week followed by more redecorating and securing house and garden for my 'first born' (he's an indoor/catio only rescue cat) and then taking on two brother GSD support pup/dogs (one of which couldn't be adopted on due to a heart condition) from my parents dogs litter back in April... then hopefully new autoimmune treatment by years end.
Busy busy lol and tired hurty too, and why I can barely think through an issue atm... but I'll get on this as soon as I have my gf and I's new art/play room/office set up.

CMP01

Enthusiast
Well... if only all my probs could be so easily worked out lol. I swear I saw these cables before but the info didn't fit enough for me to be sure of no PC breaking mistakes but it's all good now. Me and my brainfog, meh...
Anyway, just put the starter cable kit in my Amazon basket to order in a couple of weeks, it'll do for those as can be seen. After fitting a couple of tweaks I haven't had time for yet (BIOS update, TPM, possible perf tweaking) and this WiP is done. I'll finally post pics with pride then.

Cheers again guys.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you an absolute ton. I'm all a tizz atm, big house move this week followed by more redecorating and securing house and garden for my 'first born' (he's an indoor/catio only rescue cat) and then taking on two brother GSD support pup/dogs (one of which couldn't be adopted on due to a heart condition) from my parents dogs litter back in April... then hopefully new autoimmune treatment by years end.
Busy busy lol and tired hurty too, and why I can barely think through an issue atm... but I'll get on this as soon as I have my gf and I's new art/play room/office set up.
Man, that's a heavy schedule!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That's a whole lotta cables :ROFLMAO:

Heads up on the SATA cables, they don't look fully home (not the power, the actual interface ones).

RichLan564

Bright Spark
So this morning I've got everything back in place, decided not to use the 24 pin right angle adapter as with these cables it works a lot better without it as can be seen in the photos
They look good but seem expensive for what they are, presumably as it's from Corsair, there seem to be a lot of aftermarket ones around (Cable mod etc.) i was going to swap my 24 pin and GPU cables to something a bit more aesthetically pleasing, will have a look and see what looks good.