The first Vyper II on the forums

Hi all,

It arrived today, Wednesday the 15th of January.

I have spent the majority of the day setting up with updates and moving files to my Google Drive for transfer. I need to do some further analysis for my future review.

Here's the specifics, alongside my older laptop, the Optimus V:
U04eGX1.png

I have posted some pictures of the laptop below. Enjoy!

qgfmUhY.jpg
RzhZA0j.jpg
acQEpxa.jpg
T3RFc4e.jpg

boggi12

@Chaptastic
hey,
I already posted the question in another thread, but maybe you see it here in a more easy way.
So, how does your laptop perform? How is the temperature and the fan noise?

@Chaptastic
hey,
I already posted the question in another thread, but maybe you see it here in a more easy way.
So, how does your laptop perform? How is the temperature and the fan noise?

Still writing my review, for now it is going well. I have done some Unity, and played some Dota 2 and Halo MCC, all of which ran well. The fans do however kick in which made their presents known to say the least. That being said, I know they can get even louder if you set the gaming settings on.

-=SS=-

Is the PCS logo on the lid removable or is it etched on? It doesn't appear on the images on the sales page, and was one of the positives of the strong, sleek looking design. Please tell me it's just a plastic covering..

Is the PCS logo on the lid removable or is it etched on? It doesn't appear on the images on the sales page, and was one of the positives of the strong, sleek looking design. Please tell me it's just a plastic covering..

I don't believe it is removable. It feels solidly placed.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You could always ask PCS if they can do you one without.

If they can't, well, at least the logo is so nondescript most people will have no idea what it is :)

-=SS=-

You could always ask PCS if they can do you one without.

If they can't, well, at least the logo is so nondescript most people will have no idea what it is :)

True. It's not a deal breaker, the PCS logo is the more stylish of the ones I've seen on laptops.

Just from a marketing perspective I think it actually makes more sense to leave it off. There's lots of people who want a discrete looking laptop - see the youtube comments for the review of this and the 17" version. Word of mouth recommendation goes way further than a logo too - people ask about the machine rather than the logo.

Bent_Boater

Hey, Im curious about their claims about battery life. Does it hold up well in day to day tasks? I don't care how long I can game on battery life, but I would also be using this as a student laptop.
What sort of browsing, video watching etc. time can you get out of it?
Also, what sort of panel is it? Is it good?
Cheers

Hey, Im curious about their claims about battery life. Does it hold up well in day to day tasks? I don't care how long I can game on battery life, but I would also be using this as a student laptop.
What sort of browsing, video watching etc. time can you get out of it?
Also, what sort of panel is it? Is it good?
Cheers

In the time I had it, I would be able to get a maximum of 4 hours of battery life using office mode and battery saver, doing tasks such as Word and Chrome.

Dim3nsi0N

Hi!

Is this laptop still being offered? I have looked on the website but I can not find it. I also find another retailed which I will not name, and they have also removed the laptop from their store. What is going on? It seemed like the perfect laptop! 9750H + 2070 <3

Michael

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi!

Is this laptop still being offered? I have looked on the website but I can not find it. I also find another retailed which I will not name, and they have also removed the laptop from their store. What is going on? It seemed like the perfect laptop! 9750H + 2070
Michael
You'd really have to call PCS to find out, most of us on here don't work for PCS.