The future of gaming GPU's ROG's Poseidon

Spuff

Expert
Looks tasty and the liquid cooling is nice, but you can get the same performance output on existing versions of the 780.
If I hadn't overclocked my new Windforce 780 OC it would not go above about 65 degrees on sustained 100% load. £360. I've got my 780 up to 1106Mhz boost without increasing the voltage.

When Pascal rolls around that is promised to be 4 times more power efficient, which suggests the possibility of lower temperatures.

Last edited:

halox

Enthusiast
Looks tasty and the water cooling is nice, but you can get the same performance on existing versions of the 780.
If I hadn't overclocked my new Windforce 780 OC it would not go above about 65 degrees on sustained 100% load. £369.

When Pascal rolls around that is promised to be 4 times more power efficient, which suggests the possibility of lower temperatures.

Yeah, I would not buy that particular card but the technology they are adding as standard is great news. Once they have tweaked it and perhaps go for a full cover and full block flow version I could be tempted. Perhaps a GTX790 version if I could remortgage my house.