the GPU 0 (intel R UHD Graphics 630) goes from 0% to 100% and stays for about 1-2 seconds, then goes down

jet0274

So you need to install the USBC driver from the downloads section on PCS.

Then you'll need to install nvidia driver direct from nvidia (but do a custom install and leave out the HDAudio component)

The lastly you need to install the management driver from the PCS downloads section, control center or gaming center I think it's called.
just a quick question am I downloading the DCH drivers from Nvidias or the standard drivers they seem to be different if I am not wrong thanks

jet0274

So you need to install the USBC driver from the downloads section on PCS.

Then you'll need to install nvidia driver direct from nvidia (but do a custom install and leave out the HDAudio component)

The lastly you need to install the management driver from the PCS downloads section, control center or gaming center I think it's called.
do you reckon anything else i need?

Attachments

• PCS  available downoald.PNG
    PCS available downoald.PNG
    83 KB · Views: 108

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yes its all working fine the Gaming center
Ok, so now open task manager and sort by GPU usage and find out what's using the intel GPU.

On a new install it will take a day or so for background tasks to cache everything for indexing and other things.

jet0274

Ok, so now open task manager and sort by GPU usage and find out what's using the intel GPU.

On a new install it will take a day or so for background tasks to cache everything for indexing and other things.
it seems only the Desktop windows manager moving from 0 to 100 others background catches seems fine.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    49.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 142

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, just try running the intel update utility and see if windows hasn't applied the correct drivers:

Also, check your temperatures with HWMonitor, especially the CPU:

jet0274

s
Ok, just try running the intel update utility and see if windows hasn't applied the correct drivers:

sure thanks

jet0274

s

sure thanks
i think after downloading the display driver from the intel driver support website the GPU0 intel seems to work fine but the GPU1 isn't doing anything no activities on Nvidia GPU1 card

Attachments

• GPU1.PNG
    GPU1.PNG
    101.1 KB · Views: 128

jet0274

yesterday the GPU0 was stable and working fine but today when I start my laptop I am having the same problem.

jet0274

That part is perfectly normal....whilst a laptop has 2 graphics cards, the integrated one (Intel) and the dedicated one (NVIDIA), it will only ever use one at a time so, if it is something non-intensive like web surfing, the display only needs minimal GPU power and so will use the integrated (Intel) one...if you play games, it will then shift to the Dedicated one and you'd see the opposite (activity on the NVIDIA one, nothing on the Intel one)

Of course, none of that helps your issue :rolleyes:
Yes sure I tried playing game and It did uses gpu1 invidia and everything seems to work fine yesterday even the GPU 0 since I started today the gpu0 gone nuts again this is crazy..

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes sure I tried playing game and It did uses gpu1 invidia and everything seems to work fine yesterday even the GPU 0 since I started today the gpu0 gone nuts again this is crazy..
You didn't mention what your temps were?