The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Yamikotai

Expert
Looks not bad. The first part was decent enough. The main issue I have with this is that there's some amazing CGI - and then some really kinda sketchy CGI. Anything where there's a transition from CGI to actor or vice-versa is pretty noticeable, for example.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I unfriended someone on Facebook yesterday because they posted this up and gave away the return of Legolas. I hate people who give away spoilers. If it's a film I'm really looking forward to then I don't watch the trailers :p

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I unfriended someone on Facebook yesterday because they posted this up and gave away the return of Legolas.

So, uhm, you thought you'd post that here instead? :D (j/k!)

Also, you'd have to have had your head under a rock not to know Mr Bloom was signed up early on well before they even started filming :) (for the same reason Mr Wood was signed up...the idiots that have never read the book so wouldnt understand why Frodo and Legolas aren't in the Hobbit :) )

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I dont remember Legolas even being in the book am i wrong?

The Book was my favorite of the bunch and so far the film is too, its more light hearted and fun.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
So, uhm, you thought you'd post that here instead? :D (j/k!)

Also, you'd have to have had your head under a rock not to know Mr Bloom was signed up early on well before they even started filming :) (for the same reason Mr Wood was signed up...the idiots that have never read the book so wouldnt understand why Frodo and Legolas aren't in the Hobbit :) )

Touche... In my defence It was very early when I posted that and I wasn't fully awake/aware what I was writing :p To be fair, I did know, but I'd actually forgotten.... plus I was looking for an excuse to get rid of him anyway :p

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Like I said, they put him in the film for "continuity" for people that hadn't read the books. He is the son of Thranduil (King of the Woodland Realm i.e. Mirkwood), who features in the Hobbit book and films, so they have essentially just tagged on the fact Legolas MAY have been around, just not really mentioned :)

/nerd off :)

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Like I said, they put him in the film for "continuity" for people that hadn't read the books. He is the son of Thranduil (King of the Woodland Realm i.e. Mirkwood), who features in the Hobbit book and films, so they have essentially just tagged on the fact Legolas MAY have been around, just not really mentioned :)

/nerd off :)

I like a bit of nerd, good on you.