The Mandalorian

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I am so terribly sorry everyone, I just realise I unintentionally included spoilers in my last post. I have never done anything like this before I only realised after I did it, I wasn't thinking straight I am normally so careful. I have deleted it now and to anyone who briefly saw it I am so very sorry. Gavras you are absolutely right what a complete and utter idiot!!!! [emoji20]
I feel terrible. [emoji20]
Mr Bottom is going to meet Mr and Mrs Smack I think...... [emoji848]

slimbob

Enthusiast
Mr Bottom is going to meet Mr and Mrs Smack I think...... [emoji848]
More like Mr bottom should meet a red hot branding iron!
I can' believe I did that it's like my mind went on vacation for a few minutes.
Huge apologies again.
The Mandalorian is all over the net with spoilers even in google search headlines.
I only watched the whole thing a few days ago and was waiting 2 months from the first episode to the finale before joining Disney Plus.
I got a a few things spoiled from previous episodes before I managed to watch and if you log on to you tube you don't have to even search and watch relevant videos I got spoilers from headlines in the featured videos it is very hard to avoid them now a days.

However it doesn't help when a numbskull like me does it unintentionally without engaging brain first!
Extremely embarrassing.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Only if you're a very naughty boy...

It's only £5.99 a month. Join up, you can easily smash through the two seasons within a month and then cancel it.
yeah i thought that was probably the case & I can do it through my sky subscription, so might give it a look

Gavras

Master Poster
Only if you're a very naughty boy...

It's only £5.99 a month. Join up, you can easily smash through the two seasons within a month and then cancel it.
Free for me, my daughter pays for ours and our Netflix.

On the Star Wars front, Disney want to get Star Wars in a similar position to Marvel.

Unfortunately, the Marvelverse has a huge back story based on years of comics, whereas Star Wars is pretty much based on a handful of films, some books, some animated series, all of which are slightly disjointed and with the likes of Solo (personally) focused on stuff that did not really add anything.

the other huge influencing factor is that everything is based on a handful of movies that were really only a hit with the then techo countries, this excluded all of China, swathes of Asia and South America, something Marvel did not have to suffer, as China etc where by then fully in to Western cinema.

From all this Disney are looking to develop individual characters more, back stories, universe timelines, also groups / teams of characters (cough guardians of galaxy in Star Wars sort of thing), also cover off more of the baddies in depth.

interesting times to come, a lot of Disney and the Disney channels future hinge on what they can produce and therefore fund for the channel.

personally, they do need to unstick themselves from anything (actor wise etc) from 1970-80’s, this has been a common theme with recent movies.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Free for me, my daughter pays for ours and our Netflix.

On the Star Wars front, Disney want to get Star Wars in a similar position to Marvel.

Unfortunately, the Marvelverse has a huge back story based on years of comics, whereas Star Wars is pretty much based on a handful of films, some books, some animated series, all of which are slightly disjointed and with the likes of Solo (personally) focused on stuff that did not really add anything.

the other huge influencing factor is that everything is based on a handful of movies that were really only a hit with the then techo countries, this excluded all of China, swathes of Asia and South America, something Marvel did not have to suffer, as China etc where by then fully in to Western cinema.

From all this Disney are looking to develop individual characters more, back stories, universe timelines, also groups / teams of characters (cough guardians of galaxy in Star Wars sort of thing), also cover off more of the baddies in depth.

interesting times to come, a lot of Disney and the Disney channels future hinge on what they can produce and therefore fund for the channel.

personally, they do need to unstick themselves from anything (actor wise etc) from 1970-80’s, this has been a common theme with recent movies.
Never got into Marvel, to me the avengers are John Steed & Emma Peel................

Gavras

Master Poster
Never got into Marvel, to me the avengers are John Steed & Emma Peel................
I was in to the comics well before any movies, especially the X-Men.

With the latter, some characters really should be expanded, one being Rogue, she would be great for a lead female action role and has good story lines - some of witch (pun intended) link across to Marvelverse. (in fact she has long side story with Carol Danvers and could have beaten Thanos.... well she beat Carol (sort of)).

The xmen movies were rather tame to how the action was in the comics, there were far more aligned with Avengers.

The Characters in the X-Men such as Gambit, Wolverine Mystique have better stories than the Avengers.

The Characters in Star Wars having only really existed in fairly fragmented story lines just do not have same characterisation, which is what Disney needs to build on, as per Mandolorian

Gavras

Master Poster
Yeah remember eagle vaguely, don't forget i'm talking mid to late 60's, maybe early 70's
Yeah I forget I am still rather young at 55 and we have some fairly old people on here.

I did not start on comics until about 6 yr old, mainly Commando comics, then Warlord and Marvel , 2000AD, invariably started from first editions - oh if I knew now what value some of these would have lol, I would have kept that Hulk transfer away from my tshirt lol.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah I forget I am still rather young at 55 and we have some fairly old people on here.

I did not start on comics until about 6 yr old, mainly Commando comics, then Warlord and Marvel , 2000AD, invariably started from first editions - oh if I knew now what value some of these would have lol, I would have kept that Hulk transfer away from my tshirt lol.
I'm still young at 62

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

I had a huge 2000AD and Judge Dread collection, man I wish I'd kept those!

Had a lot of Batmans also.....

Oh hindsight.

Gavras

Master Poster
A car forum I am on still has ‘Youngsters’ surprised at how many over 55’s drive fast cars (300bhp plus) but also modify them to over 400bhp and even 500bhp, never mind also being in to gaming.

I think many forget just how common modifying was in 70’s - 80’s and that we were the first gamers on our Commodores, Spectrums, Amstrads, IBM 286/386 etc.

Age is very much just a number, it’s what you do with your life that counts.