The Mandalorian

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Well, I’ve gotta say that I loved this weeks episode! It moved the story along, gave us a ton of exposition and we got to see a bit of lightsaber action.

I grew up with the original movies and have been endlessly disappointed by the prequels and sequels, this show feels like exactly the shot in the arm the Star Wars universe needed.

Tell you what, though. Kyle Reese got old. So very old. That shocked me.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Havent caught up with it yet, but glad to hear it moved the story along - was starting to get a bit tedious with the Mandalorian as each episode was:

- walks in with 'kid'
- asks for the way
- help us on this mission and we will tell you
- helps on mission (leaving 'kid' with complete stranger)
- they tell him the way
- off he goes (with 'kid')...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm trypically way behind, still on S01E06. I am enjoying it though, it's very cleverly done, very nostalgic feel to the lack of dialogue and action, almost cyberpunk/western in sub genre.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Havent caught up with it yet, but glad to hear it moved the story along - was starting to get a bit tedious with the Mandalorian as each episode was:

- walks in with 'kid'
- asks for the way
- help us on this mission and we will tell you
- helps on mission (leaving 'kid' with complete stranger)
- they tell him the way
- off he goes (with 'kid')...
Well... that does still happen in the episode but it fleshes out the story considerably. I’m not a huge Star Wars nerd so some bits may have been wasted on me.

As you and @SpyderTracks haven’t yet watched it I’m glad my first post was spoiler free. Phew!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
...and don't forget the uproar about fanatics claiming the 'kid' is committing genocide in one episode :ROFLMAO:

At least now we know he's got a name - and responds to it with a cute 'meep'.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you!!!! All through the episode I was thinking "he looks familiar but I cannot place him"...I gave up in the end. To be fair Michael Biehn started getting old 20 years ago :ROFLMAO:
Terminator and The Abyss were the only 2 films of his I liked that that was nothing to do with his acting... never rated him much.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah was never the best actor...as evidenced by his list of credits on IMDB. I liked The Rock as well, though it's easy to forget he is even in it!
Ha... as I had just done... that's a great film, but completely forgot he was in it and even now you mention it, can't picture his character!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, I say it was a spin-off...it was more they were created by the same person and set in the same fictional world. There was a crossover of during season 7 of the X-Files which served as closure for Millenium given it didn't end properly
OMG, I'll have to rewatch it, completely missed all of that!

Best programme of the week!
I like the way that it also ties together and ties up little loose ends of other Star Wars movies and shows, discreetly in the background.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
What an end to the second season! I won’t spoil it for those who haven’t managed to catch it yet, but... yowzer! It had action, it had lore, it had a post credits scene... all of the major food groups 🤪

It’s going to be interesting to see what direction they take the next series in...

Gavras

Master Poster
What an end to the second season! I won’t spoil it for those who haven’t managed to catch it yet, but... yowzer! It had action, it had lore, it had a post credits scene... all of the major food groups 🤪

It’s going to be interesting to see what direction they take the next series in...
Yep watched it as well.

it’s also worth checking out Disney and what they are planning, there is some good stuff being planned.

its a case of remembering Star Wars exists in a number of mediums, Movies, Series, Animation and paper.

The Disney Channel gives them the chance to bring the various mediums together in series such as Mandalorian.

there is the Clone Wars and the Rebels.

case in point being Katee Sackoff character and Asoka Tano.

oh and same writer I think.

Gavras

Master Poster
Just watched the whole of season 2 back to back yesterday like one big movie!! I thought it would be hard to surpass season 1 to be honest especially the last two episodes which was more enjoyable for me than the whole new trilogy. Being 46 I grew up with Star Wars it was a massive part of my childhood. I thought season 2 was great

Star Wars feels good again !!!
Made Up :love:
Nothing like putting spoilers in, would be good to delete certain parts of that post.

slimbob

Enthusiast
Nothing like putting spoilers in, would be good to delete certain parts of that post.
I am so terribly sorry everyone, I just realise I unintentionally included spoilers in my last post. I have never done anything like this before I only realised after I did it, I wasn't thinking straight I am normally so careful. I have deleted it now and to anyone who briefly saw it I am so very sorry. Gavras you are absolutely right what a complete and utter idiot!!!! 😞
I feel terrible. 😞