The Medium

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well i just tried playing it, not even found the tie clip and think i'm going to call it a day, the controls are crap, she doesn't go where you point her

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Well i just tried playing it, not even found the tie clip and think i'm going to call it a day, the controls are crap, she doesn't go where you point her
The game recommends you play with a headset and a control pad at the main menu, it's unfortunately not really designed for keyboard and mouse.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
First time I've heard of a game recommending a headset o_O Why would it matter if you played the game wearing a headset or through speakers? I don't get it..sure the sound quality may be better with a headset, depending on the speakers
It's common in horror games, headsets can make you feel more in the "zone" or enclosed. Plus a decent headset will generally sound better than even great speakers

KippleKat

Enthusiast
First time I've heard of a game recommending a headset o_O Why would it matter if you played the game wearing a headset or through speakers? I don't get it..sure the sound quality may be better with a headset, depending on the speakers
It's for the atmosphere. I tried it without for a few minutes and it wasn't as good. Horror games work best I think when you're fully immersed in the sound. You pick up the tiny details better. :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Must admit i was wondering the same as i just turn the volume up on the speakers

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I like the Corsair HS70 Pro's 7.1 personally, but the Steelseries stuff is generally very good as well

Sennheiser if you can afford them are second to none though
Only problem with the sennheisers is the Mics if that important to you. The quality down the line isn’t as good as others. It’s not a major thing for most, but if you’re streaming or something it may be a factor to consider.

mother than that though, yeah, superb headsets!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
cheers guys, not sure how much use I'd make of a mic, but you've given me something to look at