The new guy

Randomthom

Silver Level Poster
Hi guys,
Nice to find such a friendly lookin' forum & especially good to see the input of the pcspec guys.

I'm Thom, 25 from near Bristol. General gamer & enthusiast & long time desktop user & tinkerer. It was actually my need to switch to a laptop that brought me here though!

I'm also a musician & do a bit of home recording so it'll be interesting to see how that goes! I've got a degree in Sound Engineering so I ought to be able to make it work!

At the moment I'm working for a large english bank who were recently forced to merge with a large scottish bank, the net result being a bunch of people (myself included) losing their jobs so I'll be unemployed as of 13th August! Redundancy isn't all bad though as I didn't like my job much so this is a much needed proverbial kick-up-the-arse for me.

To complicate my life a little bit more I'm getting married in October :D

That's plenty about me :p

Matt

Bright Spark
Great intro and welcome Thom. I was born in Keynsham, just a stones throw away from bristol.

Randomthom

Silver Level Poster
I know Keynsham, I sometimes play football at Fry's club, shame the factory there has been closed though, bloody kraft buying our beloved cadbury... :(

Portishead here (though Clevedon from October).