The Old 3D Monitors Need Replacing

NMEBowen

Master Poster
I touched on the subject earlier with Gorman but i thought a post would be better. Anyone thinking about 3D gaming needs to know that the majority of 3D monitors really dont do the gaming side of things any favours as most of the time the image is very dark and almost Unplayable. Some might have seen late last year that asus came up with lightboost technology and nvidia followed by moving onto 3D Vison 2 this is no gimick, the new range of monitors and glasses really have done wonders for the 3D gaming industry. Gaming is now vibrant and alot more playable with this tech and i urge PCS to follow suite and start stocking these new screens and get rid of their older asus VG235H screens, admitedly the new asus 27" screen does come with a higher price tage around £450 with the new glasses but gaming wise its worth it.

Reactions: PCS

NMEBowen

Master Poster
il admit its a bit steep but thats a genic price i have seen them on sale for less than £400 and id prefer to pay the extra £150 and get a 27" that works perfectly rather than a 23" that doesnt work that well.

Garfield The 2nd

people will pay the money if they have the money and the product is worth it, agreed £450 isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for, and the majority of monitors at this price level cost that amount for a reason, although some £450 panels are just a rip off. The logic of it all suggests that enough £450 + screens are sold for them to continue to be produced, as is life in general, supply and demand, pay less get less etc etc

NMEBowen

Master Poster
its not so bad with these new monitors jack suprisingly the brighter 3d causes less strain on the eyes (not sure how that works) and the new glasses open your field of view alot better, all in all a big step for 3d and the monitor i pointed out is just one im sure more lightboost tech will be used in smaller and larger screens so its not like the £400 modle will be the cheapest. Also as you pointed out i have a £100 mouse if people will spend that i dont see why they wont put their short hands in their deep pockets and buy a decent monitor.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
its not so bad with these new monitors jack suprisingly the brighter 3d causes less strain on the eyes (not sure how that works) and the new glasses open your field of view alot better, all in all a big step for 3d and the monitor i pointed out is just one im sure more lightboost tech will be used in smaller and larger screens so its not like the £400 modle will be the cheapest. Also as you pointed out i have a £100 mouse if people will spend that i dont see why they wont put their short hands in their deep pockets and buy a decent monitor.

I have a Naga and a BW ultimate but I got them as a present. I wouldn't buy them myself however. Am I the only person to think that cinema 3D has seemed to flip over and it now goes from out of the screen and travels inwards?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
most games are like that the only one that uses both inner and outer 3d effects from my own compelation is devil may cry 4.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The ASUS VG278H monitor is now available - a fantastic monitor for those with the budget for the very best 3D gaming experience. :)

NMEBowen

Master Poster
oh well done ive been looking about and cant seem to find any other lightboost alternatives, i hope these new monitors sell well for you guys.

Ash

I have a Viewsonic VX2260WM monitor that is apparently 3D. Anyone know anything about this monitor? I bought it early 2009 and had no idea at the time. I just saw a few articles (dated 2009) about it recently.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
what gpu are you using if its a 3d vison capable by nvidia all you need is the £100 3c vision kit and your playing in 3d

I'm blind in one eye.....

Unless of course the technology works around that, only 3D thing i remember were the glasses with red/blue lenses and they dont work for people with loss of sight/vision impairement in one eye. So i've no idea how the new 3D setups work.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
save principal im afraid there is no way even with newer glasses`less tv you will be able to view 3D.