The Outer Worlds

D

Deleted member 41971

Has anyone played this game? I’ve been closely watching it, it’s been out a while now and is looking extremely promising:

not played it but the reviews look promising, it is on my play list,

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
not played it but the reviews look promising, it is on my play list,

I think I'm just gonna get it, looks like it's got great support and expansion.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Wow, it's crazy cheap on CDKeys.

Crossed out the above recommendation as suspected Grey Market.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 41971

I think I'm just gonna get it, looks like it's got great support and expansion.

looks far better polished than cyberpunk, certainly for that price on cd keys it looks worthwhile and plenty of entertainment, is cd keys legit? I have never used them as you hear stories about grey market sites, just wondering what your experience of them is.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've been playing it recently and kinda struggling to get into it. As a sci-fi themed RPG by Obsidian, I can't help but compare it to Fallout New Vegas which is one of my all-time favourite games. The Outer Worlds is fun, but it's not FNV, and so I keep dying a lot and getting frustrated that I haven't figured out the best order to do the story and side quests yet. Kinda tempted to give up on it for now, uninstall it and install the next game on my backlog, and then come back to it in future (next game is Alan Wake!)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
looks far better polished than cyberpunk, certainly for that price on cd keys it looks worthwhile and plenty of entertainment, is cd keys legit? I have never used them as you hear stories about grey market sites, just wondering what your experience of them is.
I'm not 100% sure on CDKeys legality so will steer clear of them, but did find it around the same price (£21.25) on GreenManGaming who I know are legit:

It's got the steam expansion pass for £20 also, so it's a really good deal considering how much content there is.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've been playing it recently and kinda struggling to get into it. As a sci-fi themed RPG by Obsidian, I can't help but compare it to Fallout New Vegas which is one of my all-time favourite games. The Outer Worlds is fun, but it's not FNV, and so I keep dying a lot and getting frustrated that I haven't figured out the best order to do the story and side quests yet. Kinda tempted to give up on it for now, uninstall it and install the next game on my backlog, and then come back to it in future (next game is Alan Wake!)
Alan Wake is a really good fun easy game, if you need a break from something you're struggling with, it's definitely a good one for just good fun through and through.

D

Deleted member 41971

I'm not 100% sure on CDKeys legality so will steer clear of them, but did find it around the same price (£21.25) on GreenManGaming who I know are legit:

It's got the steam expansion pass for £20 also, so it's a really good deal considering how much content there is.

found this, maybe interesting for sellers

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Yeah Alan Wake is really good
I played Alan Wake on Xbox 360 10 years ago so I know what to expect from the game, but was curious to see how it looked in 4K - the resolution scaling is pretty decent for the most part and the cutscenes look really good, but there seems to be a bit of texture popping here and there. I would imagine the texture popping is down to the age of the engine not being able to handle 4K textures rather than anything else. Will enjoy working my way through it over the next few months.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
I'd check game pass if you have it. It's on there for the Xbox, was released day one. I'd describe it as a more linear RPG, it has open levels rather than an open world. You can explore find side quests etc but not a massive fully open map crammed with junk lol IE AC series). I'd also say that it is a bit more challenging early in the game but not really lol just stick with it. It's not meant to be a fallout game, it gives you some elements like choices and side quests whilst keeping things abit shorter like 20-30 hours. Overall I'd say it's a much more concise and precise version of an open world game. It has good amount of charm too in my opinion.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone played this game? I’ve been closely watching it, it’s been out a while now and is looking extremely promising:

I played it before the DLCs and really enjoyed it! It did suffer from being quite short but there is so much you can do with it. I completed it twice, once as a charisma dude and the second was a brain dead idiot who smacks things to death... mainly so i could try to "idiot" ending.

I played it for about 4 hours and gave up the world just seems empty and boring compared to fallout and skyrim and repetitive enemys. was pritty let down by it :( tho I havent played it in ages since release