The Perfect Game

TudorVII

Enthusiast
I imagine my perfect game would be a sci-fi RPG-action game.... so Mass Effect 2 effectively.
But what I'd love to see is one game made by a collection of some of the better developers out there.

So BioWare would handle the story, dialogue and characters
Rockstar would create the sandbox worlds
DICE would add realism (sounds, destruction, environment)
Bethesda would deal with character creation and progress
Multiplayer would be Bungie's department
Valve would make the physics engine
Square-Enix would do the cinematic cutscenes

Okay, I'm pretty sure there's more I've missed but that's just my opinion.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
And PopCap would do the hacking minigames?

Popcap for the win

They can deal with the awesome zombies and plants in te game

I wuld let treyarch in charge of a co-op mode as i really enjoy zombies :) nothing else for the call of duty creators though

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I have a feeling they might do a Rome 2 not so far in the future. They seem to have come full swing, covered every period from ancient (Rome) to enlightenment (Empire) and are now re-making their old games, with Medieval 2 and Shogun 2. Unless they announce that they're shutting down the TW series, then I'm willing to bet the next game will be Rome 2. Afterall, it's almost been 6 years since the first.

I must say though, if you haven't already tried it, Europa Barbarorum is such a fantastic mod for Rome: Total War. Real historians and archaeologists worked on the actual mod and it's just fantastic. If you haven't tried it you must. www.europabarbarorum.com

And, just in case they don't make Rome Total War 2, the same team that made Europa Barbarorum are now re-making EB for Medieval 2: Total War - Kingdoms expansion. Medieval 2 Total War is apparently more moddable than Rome, so there are more features to be taken advantage of. Best of all, the AI is a bit better, and there are more faction slots. So now the EB team can put in the factions they couldn't put in Rome due to faction slot limit, such as the Boii, Kingdom of Pergamon, Numidia, Lugiones etc. etc. It looks to be absolutely fantastic and I'm more excited about the release of EB2 than any other game this year. I'm only more excited about getting my new PC. :D

Is there a way to download the mod from the EB servers, im not a fan of file sharing and i don't want to use bittorent or anything like that.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Popcap for the win

They can deal with the awesome zombies and plants in te game

I wuld let treyarch in charge of a co-op mode as i really enjoy zombies :) nothing else for the call of duty creators though

There are better Zombie mods than CoD. They hit on a good idea and simply ran with it without really making it the best they could.

L4D zombies > CoD Zombies :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I enjoy l4d but not as much as cod zombies. I think l4d feels too unrealistic with the gun not moving etc ehen walking, and thee is also no zoom or sprint.... Thee are also much more weapons in cod zombies and has things like perks, equipment etc

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
But the gun doesnt even move on screen when moving and there is no recoil, CoD may be inaccurate but at least it includes recoil etc

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I just want to analyse the comment "L4D feel too unrealistic"...implying CoD Zombies is :D (CoD itself is far from realistic, so CODZ has no chance!)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
What makes cod more unrealistic, the gun moves when running, you can sprint and the guns actually have recoil, you cam also zoom in is that to much to ask?

TudorVII

Enthusiast
What makes cod more unrealistic, the gun moves when running, you can sprint and the guns actually have recoil, you cam also zoom in is that to much to ask?

So, if Battlefield decided to add a Zombie mode to BF3, based purely on what you've said there, you'd stop playing CoD altogether? Seeing as BF also has bullet drop, destructible environments etc. on top of what you've said.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
If they removed destructible enviroment from just that (fine on MP/SP) then yes pretty much, although my mates still play CoD so ill play it with them

Dayve

Is there a way to download the mod from the EB servers, im not a fan of file sharing and i don't want to use bittorent or anything like that.

Get 1.1 first http://www.europabarbarorum.com/downloads_mod.html then get the 1.2 patch from the same game. There are 5 options for download.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?109876-EB-1.2-released now click here and a litle down the page click "1.2 fixes you you should try before posting" and follow those instructions, just 2 small fixes for minor things. A litte work but more than worth it.