The Pixies

barlew

Godlike
Actually if a person understands how panels work, the Pixes are a good analogy.

You want them performing at an optimal level.

This means speccing the wrong card for a screen type either has them overworking and missing things out, or you over spec the card and the blighters (Mod friendly word) don’t work enough, wasting your cash on extra pixies.

everyone needs to understand how pixies, pixels and the pixie generator (gfx card) all work together.

As an Ex Avionics Engineer (Fairy) we fully understand, just where Elves, Pixies, Gremilns and of course Fairies fit in with things, the latter being the ones having to deal with them on a daily basis.

We even had our own workshop - Dingley Dell, where the fairies lived.

Low in some is Humour.

Its snowing outside now, I See Snowflakes.
TG1?

Ash_

Master Poster
Actually if a person understands how panels work, the Pixes are a good analogy.

You want them performing at an optimal level.

This means speccing the wrong card for a screen type either has them overworking and missing things out, or you over spec the card and the blighters (Mod friendly word) don’t work enough, wasting your cash on extra pixies.

everyone needs to understand how pixies, pixels and the pixie generator (gfx card) all work together.

As an Ex Avionics Engineer (Fairy) we fully understand, just where Elves, Pixies, Gremilns and of course Fairies fit in with things, the latter being the ones having to deal with them on a daily basis.

We even had our own workshop - Dingley Dell, where the fairies lived.

Low in some is Humour.

Its snowing outside now, I See Snowflakes.
AAC?

Gavras

Master Poster
Same thing happend to 3 and 11 but to be fair that resulted in the birth of the master trade.
Laughing here, I was on the trade board bit for original discussions.

the original plan was TG2 & 3 merger, specifically as TG2 and Locking were similar, we also did Computer stuff at machine code and assembly language and manned the software development stuff. We also linked at Sqn level to TCW and similar with Army. Setting up some recce systems is still a joint affair.

It was humorous doing out of areas and having a non tech TG4, then showing them what to do lol.

It is better now but some of the bits that came over where just plain wrong (from Techie point of view).

barlew

Godlike
Laughing here, I was on the trade board bit for original discussions.

the original plan was TG2 & 3 merger, specifically as TG2 and Locking were similar, we also did Computer stuff at machine code and assembly language and manned the software development stuff. We also linked at Sqn level to TCW and similar with Army. Setting up some recce systems is still a joint affair.

It was humorous doing out of areas and having a non tech TG4, then showing them what to do lol.

It is better now but some of the bits that came over where just plain wrong (from Techie point of view).
Haha I certainly have my own opinions on the quality of some peanuts who are still clinging on but that language would not do here. Any way I digress.