The Time Has Come

MrWilson

Godlike
Maybe time of day has a factor too. When I received my PC initially I was something like order 60 and the driver seemed in a good mood. Was number 157 in the order for this pickup, so maybe the guy had had a bad day on the office. Still not an excuse to drop a £2k PC though :(

Ric119

Anyway to ask PCS to not ship with DPD? My PC is in build and I'm extremely worried about PDP delivering it, heard nothing but bad about them on here and in personal life, they're like Hermes and would prefer to have someone else deliver it, even Royal mail as bad as they are sound like they'd look after it better.

Turnips

Bronze Level Poster
It really depends on your location, DPD here in N. Ireland are generally very good with parcels. I've never had an issue with them and I work in procurement and logistics so I've a fair volume coming and going weekly
Me too! NI perhaps are different, but we have experienced nothing but poor handling from them.

Judging by the banana shaped PCs on here at the moment something must be going badly wrong! It takes seriously substandard handling to dent a PC when they come packaged as well as they do from PCS.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Me too! NI perhaps are different, but we have experienced nothing but poor handling from them.

Judging by the banana shaped PCs on here at the moment something must be going badly wrong! It takes seriously substandard handling to dent a PC when they come packaged as well as they do from PCS.
Yeah you would really have to put the effort in to damage them the way some of them have been damaged, I've got 5 PC's from PCS in the past year and a half and all of them we're delivered pristine. Might be a case of having a driver who genuinely cares though. I know he handed me my personal PC into my hands without it ever touching the ground

MrWilson

Godlike
Realistically, in a forum setting you are going to have a disproportionate amount of negativity. I'm sure that in reality the vast majority of PCs delivered are actually fine. It doesn't change the fact that I'm dissatisfied by my DPD driver in this case though, but I genuinely believe he is an exception as opposed to the norm.

Ric119

Yeah you would really have to put the effort in to damage them the way some of them have been damaged, I've got 5 PC's from PCS in the past year and a half and all of them we're delivered pristine. Might be a case of having a driver who genuinely cares though. I know he handed me my personal PC into my hands without it ever touching the ground
That's what I hope my driver will do, I will wait on the street and hunt them down if they claim they tried to deliver it and couldn't haha

Turnips

Bronze Level Poster
Realistically, in a forum setting you are going to have a disproportionate amount of negativity. I'm sure that in reality the vast majority of PCs delivered are actually fine. It doesn't change the fact that I'm dissatisfied by my DPD driver in this case though, but I genuinely believe he is an exception as opposed to the norm.
In an effort to seem more balanced:

DPD were actually brilliant with the delivery of my PC, and the RMA for the replacement part I received last week. My local DPD driver is excellent, and yes, I did my good deed and gave him 5/5 stars and a little message telling him he had earned a noddy badge.

The trouble is that people presume that everybody is capable of doing their job properly and never give them any thanks for it. Sadly it's a totally different story when it goes wrong!

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
i was waiting by the block front door when my delivery arrived as I live in an apartment and the door buzzer system for my flat is partially broken. i had to ask him if he would carry it up the stairs for me as i'd recently had surgery and couldn't lift heavy objects. he was perfectly happy to do that for me.

it can depend on the driver and the mood they are in...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It really depends on your location, DPD here in N. Ireland are generally very good with parcels. I've never had an issue with them and I work in procurement and logistics so I've a fair volume coming and going weekly
I’m also incredibly lucky with our DPD drivers, I use them an awful lot, and will pay the extra for their service if it’s offered. We’ve got 2 regular drivers who’ve been the same for years and they’ve always been absolutely superb, never a problem.

Ric119

i was waiting by the block front door when my delivery arrived as I live in an apartment and the door buzzer system for my flat is partially broken. i had to ask him if he would carry it up the stairs for me as i'd recently had surgery and couldn't lift heavy objects. he was perfectly happy to do that for me.

it can depend on the driver and the mood they are in...
That was incredibly nice of them! Always nice to hear of a little human kindness.

;)
3gvdgm.jpg

Turnips

Bronze Level Poster
PC has now been delivered to PCS HQ. Fingers crossed for a speedy turnaround, and perhaps a cheeky EVGA 3070!
I might have missed something earlier in this thread, but are we presuming that this is a GPU problem? Couldn't they just send a replacement part out?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I might have missed something earlier in this thread, but are we presuming that this is a GPU problem? Couldn't they just send a replacement part out?
Edit: My bad case was fine, just couldn't isolate the error so had to be sent back. Mixed this up with another RMA

Last edited: