The Time Has Come

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ended up holding fast and the only thing I changed was switching mouse from V2 mini to V2. Saved £15 on a flash sale on the mic but sadly nothing else was on prime day deal. Was very tempted to go for the VG27AQ G5 combo, but trusting the judgement of AC, (and also to be honest as much as I want to I don't have space for 2 monitors at present.)
going to look better going ultrawide than sticking 2 G5's together

MrWilson

Godlike
Amazon man hath delivered. 10 days til I can come home and tear apart carefully open the boxes to reuse them transportation packaging in the future.
Not sure why upload is sideways, very strange.
E56F2348-C0B2-4981-B329-665E816043C6.jpeg

MrWilson

Godlike
It's the ultrawide though isn't it?
Yep, stuck with the AOC CU34G2X. Shame Amazon didn’t discount any Ultrawides, barring the Acer Nitro X34 (although I’ve seen that at 449 before and it’s 499 atm).
Very exciting playtimes on the horizon. Unfortunately student accommodation is not very supportive of cable management, and neither is my playroom at home, so might be a while until I can share photos of the setup…

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I hope I don’t get lambasted for opting for MX Silent over Cherry Red. There’s a line somewhere between satisfying click and mechanical cacophony that I’m not quite willing to cross yet. View attachment 27284
Let us know how you get on with it. I am in the market for a new keyboard and don’t really appreciate the differences between the different switch types. I have big hands as well as big feet and can hardly be described as delicate on the keyboard.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Let us know how you get on with it. I am in the market for a new keyboard and don’t really appreciate the differences between the different switch types. I have big hands as well as big feet and can hardly be described as delicate on the keyboard.
Well the K70 is strongly recommended forum favourite. There's probably a dozen people with one here now including myself, would strongly recommend for a great quality keyboard. I personally went with Cherry MX Browns as they are "silent" but the clack is still profound, it reverberates in the office letting their entire house know I'm currently typing

loso64

i love my G815 Tactile keyboard, it is not using cherry switches, but it gives a good mechanical feel while not being loud as all hell.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've got Cherry MX and they aren't to bad
Depends on the colour mate, the browns are "silent" which is hilarious. The blues are "tactile" I believe, the reds "short". This is off the top of my head I could be completely wrong on the colours and functions but you get the jist

All the Cherry MX switches though are very high quality, I honestly wouldn't use an alternative