The Time Has Come

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Noodle finds your lack of RGB disturbing.

FB60B833-DDD8-4416-ADE3-3575E511A7B9.jpeg

So… now that the FE 3070Ti dream is over, have you made your peace with playing the PCS GPU brand lottery? Or are you going to hunt for a specific make and model?

MrWilson

Godlike
Noodle finds your lack of RGB disturbing.

View attachment 26984

So… now that the FE 3070Ti dream is over, have you made your peace with playing the PCS GPU brand lottery? Or are you going to hunt for a specific make and model?
I’m at peace now. However, I will continue to scorn miners and scalpers, and complain how Covid has ruined my wallet and my mental health.
Happy going for the 3070. It’s dropped a little since early today so got a quote saved for 2247. Probably ordering Wednesday so keeping an eye to see if I can get it any cheaper than that.
Looking forward to my free copy of Control courtesy of Epic Games with RT on. I’ve heard many good things, both from users here and elsewhere.
Keep the cat photos coming!

MrWilson

Godlike
Been rechecking the configurator every day. Trying to take advantage of the volatility of the 3070 to try and get a cheaper quote. Nailed it down to £2220 which is nice. Definitely pulling the trigger on Wednesday.

With Prime Day coming up it seems like a great time to order peripherals, which is an area I am much less well versed in. Interested in purchasing the following:
Monitor: 2 Ultrawide options, AOC CU34G2X or Gigabyte G34WQC. Hopefully one of these dips below £400 but I'll nab one of them regardless.
Webcam: Liked the look of the Razer Kiyo with Ringlight, not sure if it's too OTT or not though. Budget around £100
Mic: With streaming in mind is a separate mic worthwhile or should I just go for a decent headset? Blue Yeti has been mentioned a couple of times.
Headphones/headset: My old one is on its last legs, heard Razer is a good value pick as well?
Keyboard: Heard a lot of support for Corsair on here, not looking for anything too flashy, function over RGB.

As always, appreciate all the input from you guys. Getting very excited now! :D

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Been rechecking the configurator every day. Trying to take advantage of the volatility of the 3070 to try and get a cheaper quote. Nailed it down to £2220 which is nice. Definitely pulling the trigger on Wednesday.

With Prime Day coming up it seems like a great time to order peripherals, which is an area I am much less well versed in. Interested in purchasing the following:
Monitor: 2 Ultrawide options, AOC CU34G2X or Gigabyte G34WQC. Hopefully one of these dips below £400 but I'll nab one of them regardless.
Webcam: Liked the look of the Razer Kiyo with Ringlight, not sure if it's too OTT or not though. Budget around £100
Mic: With streaming in mind is a separate mic worthwhile or should I just go for a decent headset? Blue Yeti has been mentioned a couple of times.
Headphones/headset: My old one is on its last legs, heard Razer is a good value pick as well?
Keyboard: Heard a lot of support for Corsair on here, not looking for anything too flashy, function over RGB.

As always, appreciate all the input from you guys. Getting very excited now! :D
Monitors: Not too knowledgeable about the UW monitors, although I’m sure AC will be able to vouch for the AOC. If it's anything like my CQ27G2U, I can to 😂

Webcams: I feel like the go to one is the Logitech C920. It’s normally about £75 but I got one last prime day for £30. Loved it ever since.

Microphone: Currently have a Tonor Q9 microphone. It comes with all the fancy kit (boom arm, pop filter) for about £60. Not heard of the company but have no complaints about the microphone so far. Might be worth checking some reviews.

Headset: I had the Razer Kraken Ultimates, I’m not sure if I got them set up all wrong but they sound terrible. I had a pair of Kraken 7.1 V2's which I loved which ended up breaking over time. I switched to another headset (Lucid Sound LS31's which were great) in the meantime before going back to Razer and getting the Kraken Ultimates and just didn't like them. I wanted to return to Razer as I missed their infamous bass but ended up just using my LS31's again as they gave a much more even sound. The Kraken Ultimates just sit on the shelf. The microphones on the Razer's are also reported to be pretty bad from friends too. I know Astro and Steel Series are doing well in the headset game these days.

Keyboard: I'm curious about the Corsair peripherals but I've heard a lot of positive things about the Logitech keyboards (and mice for that matter) on the PCS Discord. Not sure which ones exactly, but would be happy to find out if you're interested!