The time is going so slow!!!

johnckeen

How do you cope with the wait. I kept waking up all night starring at the DPD package tracking following it from leeds to birmingham and then to Reading.
Now its out on transit and they say it will be delivered this afternoon, i cant stop thinking about it, its become a very unhealthy addiction.
The time is going so slow here at work. Can i not drive and meet the driver somewhere and get it earlier?

Rakk

The Awesome
How do you cope with the wait. I kept waking up all night starring at the DPD package tracking following it from leeds to birmingham and then to Reading.
Now its out on transit and they say it will be delivered this afternoon, i cant stop thinking about it, its become a very unhealthy addiction.
The time is going so slow here at work. Can i not drive and meet the driver somewhere and get it earlier?

Patience, just have patience :)
If it makes you feel any better, when I got mine delivered, it was at 8:15 in the morning (I ordered early delivery), and once it had arrived I had to go to work, and I sat there all day at work waiting for the end of the day knowing it was at home waiting for me :)

But no, I highly doubt you could go meet the delivery driver, they probably wouldn't tell you where he/she was anyway.

johnckeen

If it makes you feel any better, when I got mine delivered, it was at 8:15 in the morning (I ordered early delivery), and once it had arrived I had to go to work, and I sat there all day at work waiting for the end of the day knowing it was at home waiting for me :).

I wish it was delivered then, i would have gone home to get it and bring it back to work.
I work in IT so we love getting new laptops in a having a play, seeing what they can do, If it was being delivered at like mid day i would go home on lunch and get it but its not coming until 4pm :( boo hoo i finish work at 5 so no point running home and binging it back.

First laptop i have ever ordered custom built. My last 2 laptops were a "Tiny" and a "Advent" which were really good laptops but the Tiny died after i cooked the nvidia 6100 graphics card and the Advent died 2 weeks ago, hense splashing out and buying something mega!

Is it normal for a grown man to be getting giddy over a delivery? :D

johnckeen

This is my spec :D

Chassis & Display
Vortex Series:17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080) (£79)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
16GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (4 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
90GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
320GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD3200BEKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1102 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N NETWORK CARD

Turtle

Nice, but have you considered downgrading the ram to 8GB and upgrading the Nvidia 675 to a Radeon 7970m?

johnckeen

I did think about it but i will be running a lot of VM's on this laptop for development so i need all the ram i can get. The gfx card is just a bonus for when i want to play a bit of bf3 or crysis when im bored at work.
Plus the 7970m is an extra 100 odd quid yet every other custom laptop maker is making 7970 cheaper than gtx675.

And yes its on a van somewhere in Reading getting flung round in the back waiting to be dropped off at my house! :)
I used to drive delivery vans for waitrose so im praying he takes care of it because if my experience is anything to go by then im worried!

johnckeen

HA! Just had a call i took whilst i was in a conference saying my laptop had arrived!
I'm sure they will forgive me for muting them whilst i answered from my point of view a much more important call! :D