The Witcher

barlew

Godlike
Ooooo, in Unreal 5, that's gonna look insanely beautiful!
I know I am so glad they have switched to unreal. Hopefully it will reduce the scope for a junky release as well, as they won't be trying to develope their own engine alongside the game.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I know I am so glad they have switched to unreal. Hopefully it will reduce the scope for a junky release as well, as they won't be trying to develope their own engine alongside the game.
They'll be heavily tied to epic though, no matter what they say in that article.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
;) Funny old thing that was the first thought that popped into my head when I read their reassurance. Guaranteed this will end up an Epic exclusive for a year.
Yeah, fully expect the same, we'll see though, lets face it, despite the issues CDPR have faced, they're still toted as one of the best devs out there. Witcher is a very much loved franchise, perhaps the overall weight of such a big release will entice Epic into allowing a dual launch.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Cyberpunk will make me taper my excitement but I'm a massive Witcher fan, really excited for this

I reckon new protagonist altogether, Geralt got his happy ending leave him and Yen alone

Ciri way too OP to be playable so I'm guessing a new Witcher from another school

MrWilson

Godlike
I bought the Witcher 3 in like 2020 Steam Summer Sale and still haven't downloaded it. Might finally get around to it now. Want to finish AC Valhalla first though.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Unreal 5 is good for me. That extra year's Epic exclusivity gives me more time to clear my backlong/watch it get even bigger!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I bought the Witcher 3 in like 2020 Steam Summer Sale and still haven't downloaded it. Might finally get around to it now. Want to finish AC Valhalla first though.
I literally just played through it again mate, finished it like last weekend. It's soo worth the time investment

CMP01

Enthusiast

I first got the game launch week, on PS4, but was busy clearing other things. Having to relinquish my PS4 a couple months later before getting more than an hour or so in, I then got it within the year on PC/Steam, as I was going Master Race again.
Two Christmases ago, still not having moved on the game, I got it as a surprise pressie for the Switch (which tbh I've barely played in 3 years but for games with gf)

Rn I'm thinking it might be the ideal game to christen my reserved Steam Deck (should it not be further delayed) but we'll see...

In truth I love what I've seen of the game, really want to get into it... but real life stuff and backlog/new things etc get in the way.
Yet here's me pondering having another go at a game or two from well over a decade ago.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I just love this CD project title, and waiting to see witcher 4 by the end of this year.
CDPR announced a company reshuffle a little while back and my understanding is now they have 2 development teams, one is working on Cyberpunk 2077 content and the other is working on The Witcher 3 next gen version and a smaller sub-team working on "something". It's likely that is The Witcher 4, but as it hasn't even been announced yet, I wouldn't realistically expect to see it before late 2024 or 2025 at the earliest.

I first got the game launch week, on PS4, but was busy clearing other things. Having to relinquish my PS4 a couple months later before getting more than an hour or so in, I then got it within the year on PC/Steam, as I was going Master Race again.
Two Christmases ago, still not having moved on the game, I got it as a surprise pressie for the Switch (which tbh I've barely played in 3 years but for games with gf)

Rn I'm thinking it might be the ideal game to christen my reserved Steam Deck (should it not be further delayed) but we'll see...

In truth I love what I've seen of the game, really want to get into it... but real life stuff and backlog/new things etc get in the way.
Yet here's me pondering having another go at a game or two from well over a decade ago.
The next gen version of The Witcher 3 is in development, but CDPR have said in recent days that it has been delayed. When my games drive next has 50Gb free, I'll probably look to finally give it a proper go myself instead of working for the shiny new version as I originally planned.