Thermal Grizzly Carbonaut

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well well well people, news flash......

I'm likely very late to the party as always, but this is the first I've heard of it.

This will be especially noteworthy to all you laptop users out there struggling with high temps on the CPU.

Thermal Grizzly have just released "Carbonaut" "thermal pads".... I say "thermal pads" because it's more just a wafer thin layer of graphite.

They sell them pre-cut to size based on CPU model, GPU model etc.

Not only this, but it doesn't degrade, you can use it again and again and again and temperatures won't increase over time or need further applications!

Given the nature of it, I would personally advise not to handle it yourself as grease or any kind of fabric fluff or dust may contribute to performance degredation. I would suggest using tweazers to apply it.

There's a major test (albeit on gpu) below by Der8uer:

And then another with Steve from Gamers Nexus:

As soon as I upgrade my PC to Zen 2, I'll be using this and will also buy it for the CPU on my laptop. I won't bother with GPU.

Whilst the thermal dissipation isn't the best in the world, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll improve it shortly.

MAJOR WARNING: IT IS ELECTRICALLY CONDUCTIVE JUST LIKE LIQUID METAL

Last edited:

Brask

Thermal paste is always better than a Thermal Pad, whatever the conductivity it has, the best of course is liquid metal thermal paste.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thermal paste is always better than a Thermal Pad, whatever the conductivity it has, the best of course is liquid metal thermal paste.
Actually it gives the same thermal results as kryonaut, I’ve just installed one, very happy with it.