Thermaltake Element Q Mini-ITX Case + 200W PSU

Yrubdarb

Bronze Level Poster
Is it possible to have 2 HDDs of any description with that case? The case description implies that it is but the configurator says not.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Hmm seems PCS aint been about for a few days, i will have a go but by no means the final word on the subject.

The case lists 1 X 5.25 bay which is for a DVD drive of some sort, 1 X internal 3.5 bay that is for your HDD and also 1 X 3.5 external bay which is for a card reader.

I'm sure you could get a converter to convert the DVD or card reader slots inot a HDD bay of some sort, but that would mean you would have to loose a one of those options to fit the 2nd drive.

So i think the configurator is right because that case on has 1 dedicated HDD bay, however if you don't need a DVD drive then you could convert that to a HDD bay with an adaptor, i have never looked to see if you can convert a 3.5 external bay into an HDD bay but i know you can do it with the 5.25 bays so i don't see why not unless their isn't enough room in the case. You might be able to fit a laptop drive, or a SSD in the card reader slot but i'm not sure.

I'm sure someone from PCS will find this thread at some point and give you a reply and correct me if im wrong, but if you really need to get an answer you can call them, or use the live chat. You can also send them an email and they will reply in a couple of days with the answer.

Reactions: PCS

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
mantadog is correct here - the case can only support 1 x HDD. You can convert the 5.25" bay into a second HDD slow if you wish but this is not something that we offer on our configurator.