Think my gpu gone pop how do I know?

D1craig

Enthusiast
Whilst playing a game my screen just went black I had to reset my pc to be able to do anything.

Everything looked ok after reset until it got to the login screen. It had many colour blurry lines across the screen with say 2" gaps between them. The lines themselves where about 2-5mil wide. I logged in and after minute or so the screen went grey and restarted the computer.

How can I see if it's my gpu?

How can I use my CPU gpu?

From this info does it sound good?

Can't really do any opening the tower up atm and my keyboard is USB so needs windows to be used.

T

TheGeeza

Download speccy and check the gpu temperatures.
Could also try a clean driver install.
Sounds bad though i'm afraid :(

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Does sound like the gpu unfortunately. If you are happy to, take out the gpu from the case, then plugin your monitor to your mobo graphics port. You may need to enable the onboard graphics in the bios.

D1craig

Enthusiast
Letting it cool down for abit. Pc wouldn't stay on long enough for me to download anything or even open a browser.

Going to have to borrow a wad off me dad to buy a new gpu lol.

With my keyboard (razer deathstalker I think. The cheapest one) being USB is there anyway to use bios?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Letting it cool down for abit. Pc wouldn't stay on long enough for me to download anything or even open a browser.

Going to have to borrow a wad off me dad to buy a new gpu lol.

With my keyboard (razer deathstalker I think. The cheapest one) being USB is there anyway to use bios?

Should be ok with usb keyboard

D1craig

Enthusiast
Does sound like the gpu unfortunately. If you are happy to, take out the gpu from the case, then plugin your monitor to your mobo graphics port. You may need to enable the onboard graphics in the bios.

Can you tell me what I am suppose to do to enable to CPU gpu? Do I MEED to take the gpu out of the tower before i do it?

EDIT - nevermind I've done it now. Thanx for the help guys.

Ordered myself a gtx770 but I need (want really) it ASAP. So not bought it from here.

Last edited: