Thinking of dipping my toe into the gaming pool

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just had a look around as was curious and, according to a walkthrough I found:

"Follow the narrow corridors around until you reach area 62, then scoot through the air duct door here to escape to the pods. Once you're safely inside an escape pod, you'll see a cut scene as the craft descends to Halo. When you pick up play again, you'll be on the surface. "

I'll be honest...I think every time I managed to complete it, it would have been pure luck as I definitely never ran thinking "this is the way to go" more of"well, I'm running here but zero clue on where I should be headed....oh, it went to the cut-scene...did it get bored?"
Made it rather by luck than judgement i think, so now I'm rolling warthogs on the planet surface, really having a laugh as i'm not really sure what I'm doing............... :ROFLMAO:

Ok another daft question, I see folk say I'm getting xyz FPS...........how do you know, i guess it shows up somewhere? just curious

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Made it rather by luck than judgement i think, so now I'm rolling warthogs on the planet surface, really having a laugh as i'm not really sure what I'm doing............... :ROFLMAO:

Ok another daft question, I see folk say I'm getting xyz FPS...........how do you know, i guess it shows up somewhere? just curious
There’s a few ways to go about it...

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
If I can recommend something, it'd be moddable games — you can basically turn them into anything you want within the engine limit, and it's just so satisfying to see your own work in the game, even if it's a small script or texture edit... I've spent over 3k hours in Skyrim (out of which only about 200 was in the vanilla game), and who know how long in modding tools. It increases fun and longevity of the game a lot as there also plenty of content and gameplay mods out there to keep the game fresh.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If I can recommend something, it'd be moddable games — you can basically turn them into anything you want within the engine limit, and it's just so satisfying to see your own work in the game, even if it's a small script or texture edit... I've spent over 3k hours in Skyrim (out of which only about 200 was in the vanilla game), and who know how long in modding tools. It increases fun and longevity of the game a lot as there also plenty of content and gameplay mods out there to keep the game fresh.
Cheers, I'll look into that once I've found my way around the basics (y)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
A video for that did show up in among my search for the second mission :ROFLMAO: , I didn't watch it, I like to try and get through as far as possible before i go to youtube
You’re in for a treat. If you like getting lost. I must’ve spent an hour in there 🙄

Bhuna50

Author Level
I suppose the big question though is how are you finding it. Enjoying the experience and not noticing time fly / it’ll do to pass the lockdown time / I’ve started so I’ll finish but that’ll be it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I suppose the big question though is how are you finding it. Enjoying the experience and not noticing time fly / it’ll do to pass the lockdown time / I’ve started so I’ll finish but that’ll be it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm quite enjoying it, found a cycling type game earlier called descender which i'm quite good at crashing on :ROFLMAO:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've been playing it through for a while now and have only just got through to the 4th level. I'm useless at any kind of diplomatic gameplay though, I just barge through all guns blazing!
So I'm not the only one............. :ROFLMAO:

I watched one you tube video of the second mission this afternoon the guy was really tacticul, sat and picked the covenant off with a sniper rifle, I ended up smaking my way through come the end as i ran out of ammo and ended up with a spike thing