Thinking of dipping my toe into the gaming pool

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You quickly get used to it, though the recoil on weapons and over-sensitivity of the aiming reticule do make it harder than games like Halo. Still, once you get used to it, the games are good and the storyline is good as well
I will give it another try

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When I say you get used to it, I of course mean you just stop swearing at it all the time, change the difficulty to the easiest setting and live with it :ROFLMAO:

Much like the Halo series, the overall plot and story progression make up for any negatives in it...not as good as Halo but still worth it.
It was on the easiest setting, mind you if it gets to bad I just pour myself a couple of fingers of moonshine and carry on :ROFLMAO:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've got one of the Gears games, tried to play it and it seemed really clunky, so gave up
Same for me, bought Gears Of War: Ultimate Edition which was the first remaster, it really wasn't very good at all, aside from that it was buggy as hell and didn't utilise the GPU terribly well, it just wasn't a smooth gameplay experience. Felt just like a bad console port rather than a PC game.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The Ultimate Edition isn't very good on Xbox either...they messed it up big time on every platform (I played it on Xbox and gave up about a third of the way through)....does look very good though. You want the non-mastered original version as it plays much better
Thanks, will check it out.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've always wanted to give Gears a rattle but I've always heard bad things about the ports, also wouldn't really know where to start. Would you recommend jumping in now?

I've always wanted to give Gears a rattle but I've always heard bad things about the ports, also wouldn't really know where to start. Would you recommend jumping in now?
I didn't really have any issues with Gears on PC, If you have Gamepass go for it as you've got nothing to lose :)

Yeah, I'm impatient too....only started playing Halo in September and I'm already on my 8th run through of all the games as well as various playlists etc.

Haven't tried the MP aspect of any of them to be honest as I am not very good at RPG games
It's been a few years since i've been able to commit the time to them. You'll pick up the online in no time in Halo :)

Oi, @Martinr36... when are you going to join the rest of us regulars and get yourself a nice little picture as an avatar? I'm sick of you hiding behind that big purple M 😜
heartg5.jpg

Using the power of Paint i've made him one