This is my spec,just waiting for the 10900k. Will the cooling be sufficient?

Oh, just to add.... while at it with the post history (if you want to), you will see that I disagreed with some advice on here more often than not and still recommended Intel for high end builds over the 2000 series AMD. I only changed my tune with the 3000 series as I firmly believed that AMD really had something with the chips. The platform was a no brainer as it had life in it going forward (but I always tried to recommend the X570 for longevity, even although the B450 is also covered as sorts).

You're just at a funny point right now where the answer is so clear that absolutely everyone who keeps their ear to the ground with this tech is all singing from the same page. it's a rare occasion. The last time life was like this was the AMD Bulldozer getting panned.
My minds made up already. Amd here we go

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Okay it's clear your very biased. And that's your prerogative to be.

OP I think it would be wise to seek out other people's views on other forums from people. Many times have I seen in this forums the same people telling folk to cancle their orders their making bad mistakes. It's their view "valid or not" (that's up to the op to figure out) but by the love of all things holy reach out to others than the same select folk on here.
So I watched the video you linked hoping for something insightful - and was disappointed. I think it's too easy to lose sight of why 'influencers' post at all - it's to make money. Period. I'm quite sure they started out wanting to help and share their knowledge (which is exactly what the people on here do - for free) but the adverts they get paid to include mean that it's in the 'influencers' interest to make videos that people will watch. As your guy says, nobody is going to watch a 'this is why you should by AMD' video, not only because everybody else is saying that, but because there really are good reasons today why you should buy AMD. Who wants to be told what they already know?

So your guy makes a video about 'why you should buy Intel' and guess what, everybody watches it. He's happy (because it's making him money), his advertisers are happy, and you think you're part of some all knowing special group. And what did he tell you that was new? Nothing.

It is always important to understand the agenda of the author of anything you read or see (including this). The agenda of YouTube 'influencers' is obvious; get as many people to watch your output as possible. It doesn't matter if what you're saying is true or accurate as long as they watch and you rack up the advertising fees. You also don't know what other 'sponsorship' these people are getting. If Intel came to you and said we will give you the very best top end gaming rig you can dream off if you make half a dozen YouTube videos praising Intel, would you? Of course you would.

The people on here all have agendas too, but it's not monetary related. Nobody on here gets paid anything, everyone is a volunteer. People contribute on here because they genuinely want to help, and it's not hard to tell which members have real knowledge and experience. You cannot pretend to be knowledgeable on here unless you really are.

I'm not a hardware expert, that's why I rarely comment on posts asking for build advice, but I've been around for a good many years and worked with just about every kind of computing platform you can imagine, so I'm well able to spot those who know what they're talking about from those who don't. The reason you see the same people advising others to cancel Intel builds in favour of AMD is because they are the people who really do know what they're talking about, and you can trust what they say because they have nothing at all to gain from you listening to them.

Finally, you need to look up the definition of biased. To be biased one must demonstrate an unreasoned or preconceived preference, or one must be prejudiced. (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bias). None of the experts on here, and I use that word deliberately, are unreasoned, they hold the views they do for very good reasons, which they have often been at pains to explain. None of their views are preconceived, over the years I've been on here I have watched many of them change their views in the face of changes in hardware. Certainly none of them have exhibited the slightest prejudice one way or another, their views are based on information.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
"The people on here all have agendas too, but it's not monetary related. Nobody on here gets paid anything, everyone is a volunteer. People contribute on here because they genuinely want to help, and it's not hard to tell which members have real knowledge and experience. You cannot pretend to be knowledgeable on here unless you really are."

This is something I have seen every day since I first posted on here around the end of May. It's incredible. Great forum, very kind, helpful and knowledgeable people.

Mindrust

So I watched the video you linked hoping for something insightful - and was disappointed. I think it's too easy to lose sight of why 'influencers' post at all - it's to make money. Period. I'm quite sure they started out wanting to help and share their knowledge (which is exactly what the people on here do - for free) but the adverts they get paid to include mean that it's in the 'influencers' interest to make videos that people will watch. As your guy says, nobody is going to watch a 'this is why you should by AMD' video, not only because everybody else is saying that, but because there really are good reasons today why you should buy AMD. Who wants to be told what they already know?

So your guy makes a video about 'why you should buy Intel' and guess what, everybody watches it. He's happy (because it's making him money), his advertisers are happy, and you think you're part of some all knowing special group. And what did he tell you that was new? Nothing.

It is always important to understand the agenda of the author of anything you read or see (including this). The agenda of YouTube 'influencers' is obvious; get as many people to watch your output as possible. It doesn't matter if what you're saying is true or accurate as long as they watch and you rack up the advertising fees. You also don't know what other 'sponsorship' these people are getting. If Intel came to you and said we will give you the very best top end gaming rig you can dream off if you make half a dozen YouTube videos praising Intel, would you? Of course you would.

The people on here all have agendas too, but it's not monetary related. Nobody on here gets paid anything, everyone is a volunteer. People contribute on here because they genuinely want to help, and it's not hard to tell which members have real knowledge and experience. You cannot pretend to be knowledgeable on here unless you really are.

I'm not a hardware expert, that's why I rarely comment on posts asking for build advice, but I've been around for a good many years and worked with just about every kind of computing platform you can imagine, so I'm well able to spot those who know what they're talking about from those who don't. The reason you see the same people advising others to cancel Intel builds in favour of AMD is because they are the people who really do know what they're talking about, and you can trust what they say because they have nothing at all to gain from you listening to them.

Finally, you need to look up the definition of biased. To be biased one must demonstrate an unreasoned or preconceived preference, or one must be prejudiced. (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bias). None of the experts on here, and I use that word deliberately, are unreasoned, they hold the views they do for very good reasons, which they have often been at pains to explain. None of their views are preconceived, over the years I've been on here I have watched many of them change their views in the face of changes in hardware. Certainly none of them have exhibited the slightest prejudice one way or another, their views are based on information.

Just for you.

- my original point was to get other opinions and not a one-sided argument like I've seen on these forums. I've gotten some flak for sharing that view. which is a shame and really degrades the community aspect of these forms. this will be my last post. Thank you for not being inclusive and an open forum space for people to have different views and opinions.
I'm not going to go over everything covered and brought up, I really lack the motivation to ge further invested into this. - regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was just posting a link to that, if you skip to 5 minutes in, it specifically states why AMD is so much better than intel specifically for Streaming which is the OP's use case.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just for you.

- my original point was to get other opinions and not a one-sided argument like I've seen on these forums. I've gotten some flak for sharing that view. which is a shame and really degrades the community aspect of these forms. this will be my last post. Thank you for not being inclusive and an open forum space for people to have different views and opinions.
I'm not going to go over everything covered and brought up, I really lack the motivation to ge further invested into this. - regards

It's not a one-sided argument. It's a one-sided victory.

If you re-watch the "Why people still choose Intel" again, take note of each of his points. The first is obviously relating to benchmarking FPS for 1080p etc. The second (IIRC) relates to 2017 when the 7nm architecture was in its infancy and the firmware issues that were addressed. The third, again IIRC,relates to the FX chip (which he admits).

If those points alone don't show how much he is clutching at straws, I don't know how else to widen the aspect. I can give you all the positives about the Intel chips in my sleep, there are many (they make excellent chips). What I cannot do, is choose Intel over AMD as in almost every single area AMD are better. Now, this is not an opinion..... it's a fact.... backed up by facts. Where my opinion comes into it is that because of all these facts, I've built up my own opinion.

What Intel fans do is build up all the facts on Intel, build up all the assumptions on AMD and then put forward an opinion based on an unfair assessment of both options.

I'm not arguing. When Intel turn the corner, and they will, I'll be recommending Intel again. I'm hoping for a proper Sandy Bridge Mk2 on the Horizon, that's when Intel made great products and not just re-hashed cash cows..

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Just for you.

To be perfectly honest I'm exactly the kind of person you should be convincing. I'm not a hardware expert, I don't keep up with the latest hardware developments as others on here do (I'm an operating system software guy). I do have many decades of experience and a not inconsiderable knowledge.

I'm now in a position where I have two differing opinions, one clearly saying AMD is generally the best option now and for the immediate future and another saying that Intel is still the way to go.

The AMD opinion is coming from several people on here who I have known online for several years. People who have demonstrated time and time again that they have their fingers on the pulse and that they really do know what they're talking about.

The Intel opinion is coming from someone I don't know, who hasn't demonstrated any knowledge or experience on here yet, and who relies for evidence on YouTube videos that I have already explained have questionable agendas (and financial support).

I don't have an axe to grind either way but I put my trust in evidence based opinions from people with proven track records in hardware above that of a couple of YouTube videos.

You are attempting IMO to argue for something that has already been shown by good people to be wrong. That's not bias nor a closed mind on my part. Neither am I not listening to you. It's just that having weighed the balance of evidence for both arguments it's clear to me that you are wrong.

Last edited: