Time to replace my router?

UndeadJack

Master Poster
My broadband speed has dropped from 16.6mbps to 10mbps last year (no big deal). Last night it dropped to .65mbps and has stayed there. I have moved the router to the master socket, restarted it 20 times or so, reset it to no avail. I have done a speed test with talktalk and it shows I am getting a speed of 17mbps going to my router (hardwired) but wirelessly it is only pushing out 0.65mbps. I cannot use wired connection where my computer is and that is why I upgraded to a wifi card during production. On the diagnostics of my router I have got the message: ADSL Loopback OTM/ATM Fail. Time to chuck it out? Any suggestions if so?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Get talk talk to provide you one, they should, if they don't/refuse tell them ya gonna change provider (even if ya not)

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Thought that may come up at some point!

I'm good. I got a message from the talktalk staff on the forums and my router is at fault, their customer service and line is terrible so I am switching to BT, Free homehub :3. Plus I want to exercise my wifi card a bit seeing as it wasn't cheap

UndeadJack

Master Poster
BTHomehub 3= FAIL, on the ''up to 10mb'' package.

Enjoy 0.3mb upload speed...........

I live 1 minute from my exchange and I can see my green box from my house so I have good speeds usually, plus my neighbouse have fast speeds with bt (15mbps+) - btw its a up to 20 or 40mbps and an unlimited download limit the deal i am looking at.
however I dont have infinity or cable in my area. It is coming to carlisle, millom penrith and kendal this year but none for me :(

Last edited:

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I live 1 minute from my exchange and I can see my green box from my house so I have good speeds usually, plus my neighbouse have fast speeds with bt (15mbps+) - btw its a up to 20 or 40mbps and an unlimited download limit the deal i am looking at.
however I dont have infinity or cable in my area. It is coming to carlisle, millom penrith and kendal this year but none for me :(

I have 6mb down 0.3mb up, then again I do live in the middle of nowhere...

there's no way I'd be able to get fibre optic here for like another 5 years and ill be gone by then but no doubt, when I do move internet will be on my mind!

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Carlisle is getting it in June and I live 20 mins from it. I WANT VIRGIN MEDIA!

got this just now so my router is wappy or TT are not nice people and are throttling me

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Well I have my doubts over the throttling, my speed has went extremely slow again but it isn't just my house that is affected.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
hehe i have talk talk buisness its way to good solid spped and bandwith no variation as thats what you pay for same solid intenet as long as you pay for it.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
hehe i have talk talk buisness its way to good solid spped and bandwith no variation as thats what you pay for same solid intenet as long as you pay for it.

I actually hate that cliché phrase. If you pay for a Ferrari and get a free complimentary dent with your 300k card you wouldn't say that. Then again it is the North/South divide...