To anyone butying a 17.3" Vortex 3 with Nvidia GTX 680M, DON'T!!!!

I recently bought a Vortex 3 with a GTX 680M, and have noticed something very strange...

The V-sync on the 680m doesn't work, to be specific, it is being overridden by the Intel GPU.

Here's a situation: I play Deus EX Human Revolution, I set it to use the Nvidia card, and set Nvidia v-sync to application setting, and then enable the v-sync in the game itself, before launching it. When the game launches, the screen still tears, despite the v-sync being enabled!

If I then set v-sync to on in the Intel control panel, and turn v-sync off in the game, the screen should tear, because the game is using the Nvidia GPU, right? Wrong. The screen is v-synced because the Intel card is overriding the Nvidia card.

In short, I cannot use v-sync at all without stuttering to some degree caused by the two cards conflicting with one another. Setting v-sync to off in both cards and on in the game, still results in screen tearing.

This is alleviated to some degree with the last Windows 7 driver clevo released for the Nvidia card, but no driver after that will work, from Clevo or Nvidia. The aforementioned Nvidia driver also does not function properly on Windows 8 which I own.

I know someone else who has the same problem I do. So my specific machine is not to blame in itself, more like the drivers/way the gpus interact with one another via Optimus (growl).

I am not solely here to rant, so if anyone has found a solution via a working Nvidia driver for this Nvidia card and laptop, please help!