Tonights dinner - Not for vegetarians!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Kein Problem: https://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/2230981357397906/Currywurst.html

Chefkoch.de is a great site, that recipe uses Bratwurst and they are probably the best for Currywurst, although I like it with Käsekrainer and if you want a less chewy Wurst it is quite nice with Wiener (what we would call Frankfurter).

There is a good Quarkuche recipe on that site from Tante Gertrud, well worth trying, although worth at least halving the amount of sugar, just reading the original can cause diabetes.
Brilliant, thank you. I’d been seeing some say that the sausage should be curried and others stating that it was just the sauce. I trust your opinion 👍

Stephen M

Author Level
Brilliant, thank you. I’d been seeing some say that the sausage should be curried and others stating that it was just the sauce. I trust your opinion 👍
If you ever feel like causing a major argument, go to Hamburg and suggest Currywurst originated in Berlin, or vice versa, both are adamant it was started in their city. Berlin now has a Currywurst museum, not been yet.

I have had a Currywurst with hot ketchup, then curry powder sprinkled over, there are a lot of different versions. The best I have had is in Leipzig, not too far from the Gevandhaus, it is take away or eat in but the chances of getting a table are almost nil in winter as the place is quite small, although in Summer have some tables outside, their Pommes are great as well, obviously with Mayo for the Pommes.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
If you ever feel like causing a major argument, go to Hamburg and suggest Currywurst originated in Berlin, or vice versa, both are adamant it was started in their city. Berlin now has a Currywurst museum, not been yet.

I have had a Currywurst with hot ketchup, then curry powder sprinkled over, there are a lot of different versions. The best I have had is in Leipzig, not too far from the Gevandhaus, it is take away or eat in but the chances of getting a table are almost nil in winter as the place is quite small, although in Summer have some tables outside, their Pommes are great as well, obviously with Mayo for the Pommes.
Have you tried the VW Currywurst sausages?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you tried the VW Currywurst sausages?

I tried some rather large bratwurst from the sausage man, and they were awful, wasn't impressed at all, quite frankly, they weren't bratwurst at all. Put me off them entirely.

MrWilson

Godlike
I have been reminded that I was due to post the T-bone steak that I mentioned previously. I am sorry to say that I forgot but am now ready to share it in all it’s glory. First outing for the gas BBQ this year, meat sourced from Stilton Butchers, they do good quality beef that arrives chilled, not frozen, only salt and pepper seasoning was required. On this occasion came with grilled oyster mushrooms as well as some other sides that did not quite fit on the plate. Unfortunately due to the addition of the juices, an unfortunate byproduct of grilling over the pan this has been noticed as resembling a certain Marvel character, which has somewhat mortified me and made me much more reluctant to share this than I was previously.
0457D9D0-8A03-465E-8205-E89387E2B598.jpeg