Too good to be true? 4k 144hz £250?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Amazon listings often do this, if you read through the description it states it's 60Hz.

They do this to get mistaken sales.

steaky360

Its even in the same bit of the same page...

1629794804208.png

Very jippy imho!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was considering removing the thread so as not to throw anyone off, but I'm thinking it should probably be left as it'll be a good reminder to people to check into the details of offers as stringently as they can before parting with the cash :D

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Always, always, always check the manufacturer website when buying from Amazon (or any other online retailer actually).

Although I have known Amazon to put the wrong model number in the listing too...which got very confusing trying to explain why I wanted to return it as I'd specifically ordered the Thunderbolt 2 RAID enclosure even though there was a newer Thunderbolt 3 enclosure available (because my iMac only had TB2 ports).

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Interestingly I was looking at the Samsung website earlier and they had a UHD monitor listed as having 1920x1080 resolution :D

I think people are just getting lazier and trying to shortcut everything via cut n paste.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Interestingly I was looking at the Samsung website earlier and they had a UHD monitor listed as having 1920x1080 resolution :D

I think people are just getting lazier and trying to shortcut everything via cut n paste.
My niece bought a '4k' projector from someone on Facebook Marketplace...it was actually 320x240 resolution, about as bright as an extinguished candle, but would accept a 4K input 😖

She also bought a 'HD ready' TV from a similar source, but didn't realise that it only meant it had to be 720p...so gave her my old Panasonic plasma Freeview/Freesat HD TV when I got the LG OLED.

Even with the amount of screw-ups she makes - partly due to not understanding how many scams are on Facebook Marketplace and the like (even when they're so obviously promoted and will provide you will a 100% cash-back voucher if you give them a glowing review) - she still hasn't learnt her lesson. I suggested she just send me a link and I will check it out, and find her something better elsewhere for the same price.