Torn Between Two Monitors

Lord Arse!

I've ordered my new desktop PC (AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING, 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER) and it will be winging it's way to me sometime in August - hoorah!

Now, it's time to find a monitor. Whilst the new rig will be capable of 4K gaming, I still feel that the sweet spot (performance and price) is 1440p, and my desktop is big enough to fit one, two or maybe even three curved monitors.

I've done a fair bit of research and the two that seem to really fit the bill are the Gigabyte Aorus CV27Q and the MSI Optix MAG272CQR. Both seem to be very capable monitors with very similar specs.

My question is; what would you go for out of the two?

Lord Arse!

Budget-wise I'm really looking at <£500. Out of the two I've mentioned, the Gigabyte IS more expensive but it's brightness is 100 nits higher, which is better for HDR. Other than that, it's really close between them.

I found a good review site which compares the monitors, alongside a few others. Man, would I love to have the budget for that Acer Predator!

Lord Arse!

The G7 is a real winner, all the reviews are stellar and we’ve had a couple of people buy the 32” 1440p 240hz version recently and they’ve been blown away. I’d definitely push for it if you can.

Everything about the G7 is great, and then I found out that it's R1000. Why on earth would they make a monitor THAT curved? Bit of deal-breaker, really :(

PainterUK

Silver Level Poster
Everything about the G7 is great, and then I found out that it's R1000. Why on earth would they make a monitor THAT curved? Bit of deal-breaker, really :(

I was thinking of getting the G9 precisely because of the curve but figured I wouldn't have space for it so opted for a LG 38GL950G.
I see so many people saying a 38in is massive, I just can't agree or maybe I got used to it.

But I still would have liked to try that curve hehe