Touchpad not working properly - Elimina III 17.3 on Fedora

user845872

Hi everyone, i am having trouble with the touchpad drivers on my new Elimina III 17.3 laptop running Fedora

I was expecting to have a little trouble using linux on this laptop (especially with Nvidia), but not this NIGHTMARE: every time i boot it's a russian roulette whether the touchpad works properly or not, and if it does, i shall NEVER close the lid or suspend it or it won't work again

And it's impossible to use it while not working properly: no sensitivity at all (nearly impossible to reach a little area such as an X on a corner of a window), no gestures such as double-finger scroll, impossible to deactivate it (even if the combination Fn+F1 for deactivating the touchpad works, the touchpad will ignore it and continue to be active) and the most annoying thing: it will be triggered while typing and move the cursor in random places

The most probable guess i had of what was causing this was the kernel that loaded the wrong module or recognized it as a generic wheel mouse instead of a touchpad, but by running a diff on lsmod and xinput commands in scenarios when it works or not, i detected no difference

I tried a lot of fixes, w(p)orkarounds (i've lost count of how many) but none of these seems to work, now i'm exhausted (frankly, i am thinking about returning this laptop and switching back to my old laptop due to this frustration...)

Has this ever happened to any of you? Is this nightmare solvable?
Should i open a Fedora bug report?

Also if you need some command outputs, just tell me what you need and i will provide it to you

Thank you

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi everyone, i am having trouble with the touchpad drivers on my new Elimina III 17.3 laptop running Fedora

I was expecting to have a little trouble using linux on this laptop (especially with Nvidia), but not this NIGHTMARE: every time i boot it's a russian roulette whether the touchpad works properly or not, and if it does, i shall NEVER close the lid or suspend it or it won't work again

And it's impossible to use it while not working properly: no sensitivity at all (nearly impossible to reach a little area such as an X on a corner of a window), no gestures such as double-finger scroll, impossible to deactivate it (even if the combination Fn+F1 for deactivating the touchpad works, the touchpad will ignore it and continue to be active) and the most annoying thing: it will be triggered while typing and move the cursor in random places

The most probable guess i had of what was causing this was the kernel that loaded the wrong module or recognized it as a generic wheel mouse instead of a touchpad, but by running a diff on lsmod and xinput commands in scenarios when it works or not, i detected no difference

I tried a lot of fixes, w(p)orkarounds (i've lost count of how many) but none of these seems to work, now i'm exhausted (frankly, i am thinking about returning this laptop and switching back to my old laptop due to this frustration...)

Has this ever happened to any of you? Is this nightmare solvable?
Should i open a Fedora bug report?

Also if you need some command outputs, just tell me what you need and i will provide it to you

Thank you
You'll need to list what you've tried and what driver your currently using?

Bear in mind, Linux isn't supported. If the touchpad works in Windows, it's not an issue with hardware, just Linux config so you won't be able to return it as there's nothing wrong with it.

Last edited: