Touchscreen laptop advice needed

D

Deleted member 94250

No actual experience with it I'm afraid.

There's a review here:

Does seem like exceptional value though, I'm quite taken aback!
if i had money i'd get that. its juicy and all that power in a slim fit sounds awesome.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Holy vajazzle this thing is sexy. The OLED screen. I've spent the last 10 minutes watching 4k demo videos on it. My wife is just watching me like a lunatic staring at all the blacks. I've never seen blacks like it on a computer screen before.

Hell yeah.

Shame it didn't come with a stylus in the box which I neglected to check before I bought it.

Anyone know anything about styluses/stlyi(sp?)?!

Do I need to purchase an HP pen or do lots of pens work on lots of touchscreens? It's not like the screen panel is actually made by HP as it's a samsung panel.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Holy vajazzle this thing is sexy. The OLED screen. I've spent the last 10 minutes watching 4k demo videos on it. My wife is just watching me like a lunatic staring at all the blacks. I've never seen blacks like it on a computer screen before.

Hell yeah.

Shame it didn't come with a stylus in the box which I neglected to check before I bought it.

Anyone know anything about styluses/stlyi(sp?)?!

Do I need to purchase an HP pen or do lots of pens work on lots of touchscreens? It's not like the screen panel is actually made by HP as it's a samsung panel.
I think this is the one:

HP Digital Pen Active Stylus for HP Spectre x360 13-AC023DX, X2 12-C012DX, 13-AC013DX, 13-AC033DX, 15-BL012DX, 15-BL112DX, HP ENVY 360 15M-BP012DX, HP Pavilion X360 11M-AD013, 14M-BA013DX (Silver) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FTGYKDN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6guGEbMGS4NMZ

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
£33 for a Stylus??? Admittedly a battery operated precision one but still :unsure:

Make sure to buy the right batteries for it...I didn't even know there were Quadruple-A batteries o_O
That's cheap. The one for a Surface Pro is £100 :ROFLMAO:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, to be fair, until today I didn't even know there were powered styli....so it's going to take a while for this information to sink in :ROFLMAO:
When they're powered they help the screen to pick up pressure sensitivity so they can regulate the line diameter based on pressure, and the good ones are extremely accurate. Very clever. They also do other things like button presses and gesture controls.

McBelfast13

So while on hold for PCS i found this thread so I had to ask. I really want a touchscreen or 2 in 1 but now see PCS don't offer this which is a shame but understandable. I can see someone has found a great deal, but i have about £1000 LESS to spend for £800. Anyone recommend a place I can go for the best 2 in 1 or touchscreen? I would ideally like an organisation that is smaller than the big dogs!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Lenovo is probably the best bang for buck. My Surface Pro was £750 on offer, but by the time you buy the signature keyboard you're up to nearer £900 (Mine was £850 all in, again offer).

They are all fairly professional at that end so you can't really go wrong. You want at least 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage space (128GB absolute minimum) and you're probably looking at an i5 processor. That combination will suit very well for most applications.

McBelfast13

Lenovo is probably the best bang for buck. My Surface Pro was £750 on offer, but by the time you buy the signature keyboard you're up to nearer £900 (Mine was £850 all in, again offer).

They are all fairly professional at that end so you can't really go wrong. You want at least 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage space (128GB absolute minimum) and you're probably looking at an i5 processor. That combination will suit very well for most applications.

Would you go direct to Lenovo or is there a smaller provider?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would check each manufacturers website first. Create a short list of the models that you want to consider and then search around for the best price for said model. I got mine direct from Microsoft, but only because of the offer. Prior to that Amazon were cheapest.