Transparency

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
As the title suggests. Transparency from PCS them selves . The mods here are always very informative and helpful.

But as they always state . We don't have anything to do with PCS . Blah blah etc.

Can't PCS make an effort to keep us all informed a little.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As the title suggests. Transparency from PCS them selves . The mods here are always very informative and helpful.

But as they always state . We don't have anything to do with PCS . Blah blah etc.

Can't PCS make an effort to keep us all informed a little.
As said, you really need to relay this to PCS themselves. While they may look at this at some point, it's better if you feed it back to them directly.

And what do you mean by transparency? Estimates aren't possible at the moment with GPU's and processors, the market is extremely volatile at the moment.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
What I mean by that is. " 10 more cards in today so builds underway " cos then you at least feel like you are moving forward.

Otherwise it's like joining traffic with no signage to inform you how far you have till it's over.

Please understand that I am happy with the mods like your self. But I don't want to pester PCS , plus the last email I got a reply too. I have only sent 2 . Was 1 sentence long.

So maybe you can see my reticence about emailing.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I do hope so. Just 12 days difference between what you are all quoting really happens. I still want to upgrade my cpu to a 5000 series tho. Would be nice to have some kind of transparency from PCS about this. Just a little would be calming lol.
To be fair to PCS, what kind of transparency can they give you without setting unrealistic expectations? This rollout of GPUs has been the most anticipated and craved for I’ve ever seen. It’s all about supply and demand. And unfortunately the demand outweighs the supply.

‘We’ve got a delivery scheduled but due to the thousands of orders in the system and the fact that Nvidia have seriously fluffed the 3000 launch it’s insanely difficult to predict your order situation’ (is what they can’t say to you).

ANY kind of update saying that your build is due on a particular date is moot for the above reason. The fact that they’ve told people to ignore the automated five day emails says to me that they’re being as transparent as they can be. Until some supplier gives them a good amount of warning of a guaranteed large delivery, they’ve no ability to start shouting definitive build dates at you.

We can also add to this that 850w PSUs and top end coolers took a huge spike in orders all at the same time because of the specs of the 3000 series and what their requirements were. And then AMD released their next gen CPUs.

More people are working from home than ever, from the look of the ‘check this spec’ page on the forum the need for systems is strong. It’s not just us gamers that are needing to order a PC.

I understand that the waiting is painful, I ordered my system during lockdown 1.0 and it was a torturous time checking to see if my order had advanced. It’ll be worth the wait 👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What I mean by that is. " 10 more cards in today so builds underway " cos then you at least feel like you are moving forward.

Otherwise it's like joining traffic with no signage to inform you how far you have till it's over.

Please understand that I am happy with the mods like your self. But I don't want to pester PCS , plus the last email I got a reply too. I have only sent 2 . Was 1 sentence long.

Anyone would advise against emailing, they're so overworked at the moment, it's just not viable.

I get what you're saying, but it's something that you need to speak with them about, and calling or webchat are the best methods for communication. But they're crazy busy and have been for a long time.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
I know . Thank you for taking your time to read and reply.

At least I got my G7 monitor already.

My poor little 1050ti laptop can run it but it quiet often gives me the finger for trying lol.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I appreciate that being kept in the dark is frustrating but PCS aren't doing it just to annoy you, if they had any reliable information to give you about your progress then they would. The reason they're not (I strongly suspect) is because they have nothing reliable to tell you. In asking for 'transparency' you seem to think that PCS are hiding information from you, that they're not giving you details that they have. That is almost certainly not true, if they knew they'd tell you - but they don't know. PCS are being mucked about by their suppliers and I bet that PCS are waaay more frustrated by that than even you are. :)

PCS got their fingers burned quite badly earlier in the year when the COVID crisis first struck and the automated delivery estimates became an unreliable fantasy. It was clear then, and it's just as true now, that bad information is worse than no information. PCS I'm sure are saying nothing only because they have nothing reliable to say.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member

Sadly the entire world is crying out for the GPU supply issue to be over. Every single company is in the same boat and as a gamer it frustrates me no end.

As soon as we have a card allocated for your build then you will get notification of it going through the stages.

My opinion is that sadly I don't think telling people when we get a delivery of X cards would help as it could misdirect hope.

As for your email reply if you have had an unsatisfactory email reply then feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to look into it.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you for taking time to read and reply to my messages. I really do appreciate how things are atm .

I do try not to rock the boat , but with everything that is happening sometimes venting at something that in my own industry would have to be addressed kinda gets it off ones chest.

I do feel for all of the build companies atm . I keep up to date regarding info via sites like LTT etc and know that you are doing your best.

Just a lot of money to spend and have so little info .

Again thank you for responding , the non PCS mods have been brilliant and it's nice to hear from a PCS employee too.

Fingers crossed and best regards

Daniel.

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
Just to even things up a bit on the email front, while I was waiting for my recent order (including a 3080), I emailed PCS twice and each time I received a reply within 24 hours. While I may have been in the minority, it shows you that emails do get through, even with the huge volume they must get daily.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just to even things up a bit on the email front, while I was waiting for my recent order (including a 3080), I emailed PCS twice and each time I received a reply within 24 hours. While I may have been in the minority, it shows you that emails do get through, even with the huge volume they must get daily.
I've been swapping emails with one of the guys there recently & always had a reply within 48 hours, which i would say under the situation we find ourselves in is pretty good

I was in the same boat checking constantly ammending my order etc I decided screw it lets wait till February and place a order and save up abit more treat myself may be some new components out by then got a refund from pcs very promptly great customer support btw even with the pressure they are under and the stress of this 3080 situation is gone its really not this companys fault its hard to get these cards I would personally wait till next year if its going to wind you up