Triple Monitor Set Up

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Howdy,

While I'm waiting on my new build I'll be upgrading finally from 1080p 60hz screens to something lovely. Basically I'm looking for suggestions, 1440p 144hz is what I'm thinking currently and size wise I'm thinking around 27"-30"?

I'm also looking for a monitor mount that will let me use my larger screen on the bottom as my main display and have my two 1080p 24" screens above it on either side. I like the flexibility of multiple screens but I want that sweet sweet res and frame when playing games.

Open to suggestions and basically the cheaper the better, cheers

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I like superwide but like I said I already have two existing monitors, I'm basically just looking for a recommendation for a nice one to play games on.

As for multiple monitors I prefer it to one big monitor due to the nature of my work having a couple different screens really helps as opposed to juggling windows on one screen.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I like superwide but like I said I already have two existing monitors, I'm basically just looking for a recommendation for a nice one to play games on.

As for multiple monitors I prefer it to one big monitor due to the nature of my work having a couple different screens really helps as opposed to juggling windows on one screen.
You don’t need to juggle windows though, you have Picture in Picture and corner snap on modern screens, it’s just the same as using multiple screens, I think a lot of people don’t realise how much has changed with the latest monitor technologies.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You don’t need to juggle windows though, you have Picture in Picture and corner snap on modern screens, it’s just the same as using multiple screens, I think a lot of people don’t realise how much has changed with the latest monitor technologies.
I absolutely have no idea like I said I've always just used multiple monitors, I also like being able to stand up and walk around my desk while moving certain monitors so I can still see certain things while on the phone and such.

I don't know maybe I should get one big one, then again I am a creature of habit and it would seem like a waste of these perfectly good monitors I already own

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I absolutely have no idea like I said I've always just used multiple monitors, I also like being able to stand up and walk around my desk while moving certain monitors so I can still see certain things while on the phone and such.

I don't know maybe I should get one big one, then again I am a creature of habit and it would seem like a waste of these perfectly good monitors I already own
Ok, so if we were to suggest a superwide, it would be the Samsung G9, it's a beautiful monitor, you can have a look and see what you think.

I'm a bit unclear, you mentioned you wanted 3 x 1440p screens, but then you say you only need a main screen and will be using your old 1080p screens for surround? Is it just the single primary gaming monitor you're looking for?

What GPU is this going with?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Where i used to work we had a building maintenance system that was hooked up to a 27" monitor and also a 72" TV Which was split up into 9 separate windows

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok, so if we were to suggest a superwide, it would be the Samsung G9, it's a beautiful monitor, you can have a look and see what you think.

I'm a bit unclear, you mentioned you wanted 3 x 1440p screens, but then you say you only need a main screen and will be using your old 1080p screens for surround? Is it just the single primary gaming monitor you're looking for?

What GPU is this going with?
Apologies I wasn't clear.

Basically I have two 24" 1920x1080 60hz monitors that I currently use at home. My new computer will come equipped with a 3060 Ti, when the planets align and stock arrives of course, I'm looking for a monitor to best utilise the 3060Ti for playing games while I intend to also still use my existing two 1080p monitors for work basically resulting in 3 monitors total.

1 new monitor to add to my two existing monitors

I'll have a peek at the G9

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apologies I wasn't clear.

Basically I have two 24" 1920x1080 60hz monitors that I currently use at home. My new computer will come equipped with a 3060 Ti, when the planets align and stock arrives of course, I'm looking for a monitor to best utilise the 3060Ti for playing games while I intend to also still use my existing two 1080p monitors for work basically resulting in 3 monitors total.

1 new monitor to add to my two existing monitors

I'll have a peek at the G9
Ah apologies, ignore everything I've said then, that wouldn't apply to your GPU. I assumed you meant gaming on triple monitors.

That's far easier then, and yes, you're absolutely right, a 1440p 144Hz monitor would pair very nicely with the 3060ti for gaming, then using your existing 1080p's for additional resources.

What's your maximum budget for the monitor? For entry level you're looking around £300, up to around £600

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ah apologies, ignore everything I've said then, that wouldn't apply to your GPU. I assumed you meant gaming on triple monitors.

That's far easier then, and yes, you're absolutely right, a 1440p 144Hz monitor would pair very nicely with the 3060ti for gaming, then using your existing 1080p's for additional resources.

What's your maximum budget for the monitor? For entry level you're looking around £300, up to around £600
See now look what you did, my budget was sub £400.... but now I've seen the G7 and I might have to have a chat with the missus

Or I can buy a G9 and get thrown out of the house it's 50/50 right now

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
See now look what you did, my budget was sub £400.... but now I've seen the G7 and I might have to have a chat with the missus

Or I can buy a G9 and get thrown out of the house it's 50/50 right now
The G7 is a huge premium because it’s 240hz which is for competitive gaming. 99% of humans can’t appreciate anything over about 120Hz so I wouldn’t recommend the G7.

The Samsung G5 is a far more premium panel for high end gaming than the G7

Or this ASUS is a premium 144hz IPS panel with full HDR10. It’s the same as the G5 but with IPS rather than TN

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The G7 is a huge premium because it’s 240hz which is for competitive gaming. 99% of humans can’t appreciate anything over about 120Hz so I wouldn’t recommend the G7.

The Samsung G5 is a far more premium panel for high end gaming than the G7

Or this ASUS is a premium 144hz IPS panel with full HDR10. It’s the same as the G5 but with IPS rather than TN

That's food for thought, just to really take advantage is there anything on the other end of the spectrum. Something unusually cheap that's still decent for what I'm looking for? Just to give me idea on range of prices

And honestly mate I appreciate the help, have been out of the hardware loop for a while so I have no idea what the current market is like so this is great info

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's food for thought, just to really take advantage is there anything on the other end of the spectrum. Something unusually cheap that's still decent for what I'm looking for? Just to give me idea on range of prices

And honestly mate I appreciate the help, have been out of the hardware loop for a while so I have no idea what the current market is like so this is great info
The Samsung G5 above is remarkably cheap for the specs, the only compromise on it compared to the others is that it's a TN panel rather than IPS, but being Samsung, it's an incredibly high quality TN panel. It even still includes full HDR10 support which is mindboggling for the cost!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
G5 is here:

Well I'm getting a G5 then, when I looked at the G5 on Amazon it was reading £500+ but sub £300 just seems stupid for that monitor so I'll be buying that.

Thanks again mate really appreciate the advice you're a star

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well I'm getting a G5 then, when I looked at the G5 on Amazon it was reading £500+ but sub £300 just seems stupid for that monitor so I'll be buying that.

No worries.

As Samsung make their own panels they can almost always offer much higher quality at the price point.

The G5 is by far the best value proposition. Great monitor!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

The G5 is a really nice bit of kit, I've got the 27"