Tritton AX 180

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey guys.

Bought a pair of Tritton AX 180's so i can actually communicate with fellow gamers these headphones also have amazing sound quality and thought they would be awesome for my mp3 player too however you need to have the mic connected in order for it to work and i dont really want to walk about with a mic sticking out my headphones. Has anyone got these headphone or know of any work around for getting these to work with a music player?

Also they come with Both USB connectivity and also Mic and Headphone Jack Connections, does anyone have any advice on the better method, they sound good either way.

Mike

Spuff

Expert
Not all headphone outputs are made equal. The same goes for digital converters (which will be in your headphones and your sound card). The average sound card is unlikely to have the cream of headphone amps in it and neither it or the headphones will have the cream of digital converters in it. Which in your case does a better job, if you can notice a difference, only you can tell.
In practice there probably is no appreciable difference. Whatever is the best from dangling leads point of view is the way to go with.

Last edited:

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Im having a spot of bother with my headset and speaking to them on live chat and havent come up with a solution.

I've got all the drivers installed and i want to be using the USB audio because i seem to get better audio quality from it however its Mono, i cannot get Stereo Audio from the USB port.

Also when using the USB port the in line controls work the wrong way, voice controls the volume and game sound does nothing.

I can not fiquire it out at all and i seem to have dont all the basic trouble shooting stuff.

Anyone else have any possible solutions.